that's dissappointing

Off-Topic Discussions
goldsberry1

that's dissappointing

Post by goldsberry1 »

hello everyone, i just got back from a place up farther north in japan. its a audio shop that built the pink S2000 from 2 fast 2 furious movie. the car was hanging out in front of the store. i got to look under the hood. it was completely stock :eek: . the interior was great,and had a sweet system but nothing to make it fast. it had a exhaust but nothing else. the place was called paradox-mid. there web site is www.paradox-mid.com i think. they are in japan. my friend is trying to get a system for his f150
92' mx-3 gsr, built engine, forged internals, p/p ze heads. t3/t4e .63/.60 turbo, udp, msd ignition, millenia s injectors, millenia im, water cooled intercooler, afpr, fmu. running at 7 psi right now
millionflame

Re: that's dissappointing

Post by millionflame »

Are you surprised?

They never would need a souped-up car for a movie since they don't ever go that fast. They use movie effect to make the cars look fast afterwards.

Either way, sounds like you had a cool trip.
~ Millionflame (94 GS 120K)
HRO

Post by HRO »

They built 4 or 5 of those s2000's for the movie. One main one then the rest are doubles.

The main one was purchased privatly and was supercharged when they bought it, then they painted it and put the kit on. Another one was remote control for that bridge jump scene.
My Cardomain Site<p>Image<p> FBSS Air suspension, 12 gallon tank, viair 450 comp
airjordon_09

Post by airjordon_09 »

Originally posted by mx3vs:
They built 4 or 5 of those s2000's for the movie. One main one then the rest are doubles.

The main one was purchased privatly and was supercharged when they bought it, then they painted it and put the kit on. Another one was remote control for that bridge jump scene.
ya, i picked up that book to, its sweet, man the movie is full of ****, most of the stuff is stock. and for the supra with the clear hood, underneath is just a large picture of an engine with all the fun stuff
JºrDôñ
Mx sold, gonna miss ya babe

gti_driven@hotmail.com
papa roached

Post by papa roached »

no, the supra was a TT with a HKS single on it, it WAS a fast car at one time
93 MX-3 GS (collecting parts for Eunos Presso conversion), 94 626 Transmission (4.10 gears), KL31 camed KL-ZE, Millenia intake, Millenia TB, SSAutochrome V2 headers, Magnaflow cat, 2 1/4 in pipe, Top Speed Pro 1 muffler, 9lb Fidanza Flywheel, ACT clutch, Corksport SS clutch line, Corksport SS brake lines, Unorthadox UDP, 255 lph fuel pump, HEI mod, ghetto-charger intake, KL36 ECU, SRD transverse crossmember bushings, SRD shifter extention bushing, SRD crossmember, Corksport bronzoil shifter bushings, Brembo Crossdrilled and Slotted rotors, 15 inch Konig Heliums, ZX-2 S/R struts, Eibach lowering springs, OEM front strut bar, Ebay rear strut bar, BFGoodrich G-Force T/A KDWs

Parts needing installed: turbo kit from BB (if i ever get it), 9.0:1 CR Diamond pistons, 4340 forged H beam rods, C/J-Spec spoiler, Nissan red tops in KL rails
http://www.cardomain.com/id/blazejeremy
mx3TT
Supporting Member

Post by mx3TT »

Why would they waste their money on performance mods if it doesnt matter one was or another? I agree it would be nice for them to have what they say but thats just a waste.

<small>[ December 07, 2003, 02:34 AM: Message edited by: mx3TT ]</small>
Chris

MY MX-3 PICTURES
MX-3.com's online store - SUPPORT MX-3.COM
HRO

Post by HRO »

Pretty much 1 of each car had performance, and the other doubles just looked like those cars. why waste there money on performance if the car is just going to be used in 2 scenes then destroyed.
My Cardomain Site<p>Image<p> FBSS Air suspension, 12 gallon tank, viair 450 comp

Return to “Off-Topic”