Why do you modify your mx-3?

Off-Topic Discussions
Aaron MacDougall

Re: Why do you modify your mx-3?

Post by Aaron MacDougall »

The reason why most people will modify a sport compact is to turn the "ordinary" into the "extraordinary".<p>I modified my mx-3 because back then I actually thought it was kinda quick then I found out the difference j/k. It was fun while it lasted but the damn cute little thing just didn't have the room for me.<p>The I learned that chicks love 18's and functional backseats (if my GF read this she would kill me). Actually I have always been a big fan of high end touring cars like benz/bmw/jag but I can't afford one so I decided that I would make my own so thats why i picked up my grocerygetter to build my own. The focus of this car unlike the precidia is all about handling and I turned an ordinary sloppy altima into a lean mean twisty machine. As a wise man once said "straights are for fast cars. turns are for fast drivers" Plus chirping 18's in 3rd gear is fun as well!
Gkreator

Post by Gkreator »

Me? I just needed another hobbie among the list of many! :o )<p>So why not have another? ;)
Dave Hyatt
94 Teal MX-3 RS 5 Speed
http://www.cardomain.com/id/gkreator_inside (New Pics!)
Custommx3
Site Administrator
antispam: ~SPAM*SUX~

Post by Custommx3 »

Another great thing about the mx-3 is durability. @ 153K miles on a 4cl that runs great, that says alot. Especially when other cars I have owned usually died after 100K.
Len-Dogg

Post by Len-Dogg »

I agree. I bought mine with just under 100K miles, and now I have 131K, and the only thing that I have done is replace the front brakes. The engine seems like it's never going to die. I've been hard on it lately too because I want a new car, and I can't justify getting a new car when I have a good looking and reliable one here. LOL
1995 Blaze Red RS 5sp. Manual, Pacesetter Exhaust, Custom CAI, 17" ADR Rims, Kumho Tires, Altezzas, GS Style Spoiler and Mud Guards, Neoprene Seat Covers, Aluminum Foot Pedals, Leather Shift Knob, Remote Starter, Blaupunkt Stereo and 5-disc changer, Pioneer Speakers, Amp, and Sub<p>http://www.cardomain.com/id/lendogg<p>http://www.msu.edu/~leonar40/Car.html<p>Image
torpedan

Post by torpedan »

Heh i got 110k out of my first tranny.. the motor was still good though. Heck we even saved it.. My BPD has 160k miles on it and still pulls hard as hell. <p>I started modifying it cause speed is a addiction to me.. faster i must go.. ohh yes go i must.. wait i am soundin like yoda.<p>I actually bought my mx3 by chance i didnt know what it was and needed a car bad.. i was mad at first cause the aftermarket sucked but now i enjoy it and look for other cars in a similar spot. Why? cause the amount you learn is so much more than if you can jsut buy everything. The amount of reserach and custom stuff i have done has taught me quite a bit while i have owned this car.
-torp.
I don't own a Mazda.
OsoSlo z28

Post by OsoSlo z28 »

to go faster than the next guy...
Fast imports only come on two wheels.
"MR." Ashley Fowler
'02 Yamaha Warrior (1700cc)
'94 MX-3 RS-t (BPT)~ sold
cardomain pics
stupidtickets

Post by stupidtickets »

i am certainly down with the insurance reason and the hobby. i just figure that with all the time and money (for the expensive parts and etc...)that a person puts into their car. it makes you appreciate your car a little more. not that i picked an mx-3 cuz of the pricey parts, but when you look at the finished product you're thinking "hell yeah thats my ride!!!" :D
jwillistyl55

Post by jwillistyl55 »

tell them WOMEN enuff said.....the hottest girls go wit the boys wit the hottest cars....and an mx can def be up on that list considerin that all the girls i meet at cars shows say the same as my sig(not bashin hondas well maybe alil) and an hooked up mx is a breath of fresh air for most
SPEED KILLS! SAVE A LIFE! DRIVE A HONDA!!!
Johns93GS

Post by Johns93GS »

HAHAHA dude you have got to be joking. If you need to trick out a car to impress women, you have quite a problem on your hands. You should be able to approach women without spending $2000 on a klze to impress them... thats just pathetic. <p>Unless of course, you are gonna be a junior in high school. <p>Why do you revive 3 week old posts anyway? :shrug:<p>[ August 04, 2003: Message edited by: Johns93GS ]</p>
john kilfoyle .:. mx-3 fanatic
http://www.cardomain.com/id/johnmx3
curtklze

Post by curtklze »

cause I wanted a modern car with a/c, a 5 speed trannie, good on gas, fast as hell, and NOT A HONDA, cause hondas suck.
DONT SHIP WITH UPS!!! DIE UPS DIE!!!!!
Yes, I AM a bastard
Here is my web site, I made this last year but didnt feel like shareing it untill now.
http://members.rogers.com/curts-klze/

How does this guy know so much?
He's a licenced BMW technician.

Return to “Off-Topic”