burn out

Off-Topic Discussions
lucky13

burn out

Post by lucky13 »

:( I just wanted to ask, What's the best way to do a good burn out? I am not a rookie ( I been in running for about two or three years) but I was never able to do a good burn out. :shrug:
Nd4SpdSe

Re: burn out

Post by Nd4SpdSe »

same here, but i get too worried about it, one day to show my friends, i put it in first, held her at 4k, dropped the clutch and floored it, best and only burnout i've ever done, my friend said i left rubber on the road :D
1992 Mazda Mx-3 GSR - 2.5L KLZE : Award Winning Show Car & Race Car ['02-'09] (Retired)
2004 Mazda RX-8 GT - Renesis Wankel : LS3 Coils, BHR Mid-Pipe + Falken RT-615K 245/40r18
2011 Mazda Mazda2 GS - 1.5L Manual : Yozora Edition (1 of 500)
2003 Nissan Xterra SE - 4x4 Supercharged : 2" Body Lift, 4" Suspension Lift & 33" MTR Kevlar
2001 Nissan Frontier SE - The Frontrailer : Expedition/Off-Road Trailer Project
killerpickle

Post by killerpickle »

its really simple with a standard. With the stick in first gear, and the clutch in, rev to as high as you think you can bear, and let the clutch out smoothly, but quickly. Works while your driving to if you have the power...
Tom Alexander
93 MX3 GSR - KLZE / stage 3 clutch / PRM Intake / 2.25" exhaust - dual 3" outlet
full custom black and red interior / KLZE ECU / JE50 VAF
http://home.cogeco.ca/~mx3/ - updated dec 1/03

Post by Guest »

ya i did one by accident the other day leaving work, sometimes when the music is loud its hard to tell, my bud said there was some smoke! haha never had that before. But seriously its a waste, especially if you have nice tires.
mmonid

Post by mmonid »

Never tried it before, but the cheap way to do it is to use the handbrake (only on a FWD car). The only burnout I have done was on a 300HP+ Trans Am, and you have to have your right foot on the gas and brake at the same time, using your right foot for the clutch (the tires were bald anyways, so I wasn't worried about it) - but the result was a hell of a lot of tire smoke :D .
Matthew Monid

1993 MX-3 RS 5-Speed (Sold)/1997 Volvo 850 AWD Turbo 5-Speed
lucky13

Post by lucky13 »

I was just wondering because I saw a link somewhere in here with a mx3 ( I think it was green) doing a really good burn out.
BucktownMx3

Post by BucktownMx3 »

Pull ur e-brake up. press the clutch in and slide it into first. rev to about 4000 and drop the clutch and keep ur foot on the gas. wait as long as desired then release e-brake slowly. :) <p>
only if u have a manual.<p>[ June 24, 2003: Message edited by: BucktownMx3 ]</p>
94 mx3 gs (sold)
92 Mitsubishi Eclipse GSX(14.3 @ 99.08- almost completely stock)
mitmaks
antispam: ~SPAM*SUX~

Post by mitmaks »

<blockquote><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial">quote:</font><hr>Originally posted by lucky13:
:( I just wanted to ask, What's the best way to do a good burn out? I am not a rookie ( I been in running for about two or three years) but I was never able to do a good burn out. :shrug: <hr></blockquote><p>get a charger R/T, sit in it, slam gas, there you go, 10-50 ft burnout.....
Magnum s/s lines, strut bars, carbon fiber bezel, indiglow gauge, Sony Xplod, inverted c/f hood, SRD lower tie bar '93 GS SE '95 Cobra SVT #2722 '68 Charger R/T 440
http://www.cardomain.com/id/mitmaks
Marlon

Post by Marlon »

i like to be in a really slow roll in first put foot on clutch rev it up then drop the clutch
you get no wheel hop<p>ohgh an the other day i i droped the clutch from a stop and there was alot of smoke, i love my bp i could never do a nice burnout before with me sohc
1993 MX-3 GS V6 - Stock
2004 MazdaSpeed MX-5
2004 RX-8 - Project
5spd_GS

Post by 5spd_GS »

<blockquote><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial">quote:</font><hr>get a charger R/T, sit in it, slam gas, there you go, 10-50 ft burnout..... <hr></blockquote><p>i agree.. but it would have to be a '69, Hemi Orange and have the number "01" pasted on the sides :D
Calen Sansom
1994 MX-3 GS Sparkle Green
mitmaks
antispam: ~SPAM*SUX~

Post by mitmaks »

well I have '68 R/T that buddy found for me and it does it man.
with 440 magnum it puts out 375hp at crank, very easy to bump it up to 500+ whp for under $4-$5K's headers, flat top pistons, M1 intake, msd ignition, 906 ported & polished heads, performance mild cam, 1.5 roller rockers. Well thats what my setup is gonna be, it well over 500whp and car will run low 11's<p>[ July 03, 2003: Message edited by: mitmaks ]<p>[ July 03, 2003: Message edited by: mitmaks ]</p>
Magnum s/s lines, strut bars, carbon fiber bezel, indiglow gauge, Sony Xplod, inverted c/f hood, SRD lower tie bar '93 GS SE '95 Cobra SVT #2722 '68 Charger R/T 440
http://www.cardomain.com/id/mitmaks
NateDog

Post by NateDog »

i did a burn out on bald tires w/low tire preasure just the other night. i wanted tosee is i could e-brake it. i kept the rpms at 6 grand while i was doing the burn out. here is a pic of the aftermath. (i melted the concreet about 1/4")Image
Aaron MacDougall

Post by Aaron MacDougall »

Pop the hatch and get 3 of your closest/heaviest friends to sit in it. put on the e-brake...rev up to 5k or so then dump it and hold it at 5-6 till the tires catch on fire.<p>[ July 14, 2003: Message edited by: Aaron MacDougall ]</p>
UoMDeacon

Post by UoMDeacon »

You could always dump some bleach at the tires to help it out a bit too.
phr34k

Post by phr34k »

get in a nice slick spot or put bleach on your tires. get three of your friends to hold your care in place. and then let it rip

Return to “Off-Topic”