Got In Accident Don't Know Whats Wrong With Car

General Mazda MX-3 Discussions
ProjekMX3
Supporting Member

Got In Accident Don't Know Whats Wrong With Car

Post by ProjekMX3 »

I recently was driving my 93' (automatic) MX-3 RS on the snow and when I was taking a turn the car started sliding and I ran into the curb. The front left side of my car hit the curb. Afterwards the wheel kept trying to turn to the left and it was making a wierd clicking noise. Later on after I had turned the car off and parked it when I tried to shift it into drive it wouldn't do it. It makes that same wierd clicking noise everytime I turn the wheel. And from the outside it looks like the rim is a little bent. What is wrong with my car and how much might it cost to fix it? If you have an answer please send me an email.<P> Piranhapro@chartermi.net :(<p>[ December 03, 2002: Message edited by: ProjekMX3 ]
92 GS, 210 psi per cylinder KL-101 Engine, Pacesetter Exhaust, Centerforce DF, CAI, Hi Flow Cat, Headers.
By Spring 06: Megasquirt and FPR
By Fall 06: KL-31 Heads with Interprep Cams
VizualXTC

Re: Got In Accident Don't Know Whats Wrong With Car

Post by VizualXTC »

woops double post<p>[ December 03, 2002: Message edited by: VizualXTC ]
~Ryan~

1994 MX-3 GS Teal
Stock V6 with insane potential
1987 Toyota Pickup
SR5 Xtracab Turbo

--The slow wait until the green light, while the FAST already left when the red went out--

--Sex should be like driving a Honda....slow, obscene, and loud enough for the neighbors to hear--
ImageImage
VizualXTC

Post by VizualXTC »

I imagine the clicking is a CV joint. I am almost positive the alignment is off, and you may have done something to your transaxle. Price = LOTS. I hope the transaxel is fine cuz that is the most costly of the 3.
~Ryan~

1994 MX-3 GS Teal
Stock V6 with insane potential
1987 Toyota Pickup
SR5 Xtracab Turbo

--The slow wait until the green light, while the FAST already left when the red went out--

--Sex should be like driving a Honda....slow, obscene, and loud enough for the neighbors to hear--
ImageImage
Flashpoint2

Post by Flashpoint2 »

I picked up an axle for my old 92 RS for like $110+tax (after core refund) with a lifetime warranty.. Don't get the axle from Mazda if you need a new one.. they wanted $838 for it. Oh, btw, this was around aug '01 when I bought the axle.
1996 MX-3 RS - Sold.
2004 RX-8 GS - Yay!
ProjekMX3
Supporting Member

Post by ProjekMX3 »

I tested it again to make sure I was describing everything right. Apparently it was not a clicking noise it was more of a knocking. The sound was coming from the front (I believe its called and axle boot). Anyway so it won't shift into drive and it makes a knocking noise and the wheel is about 2 inches or more out of alignment.
92 GS, 210 psi per cylinder KL-101 Engine, Pacesetter Exhaust, Centerforce DF, CAI, Hi Flow Cat, Headers.
Custommx3
Site Administrator
antispam: ~SPAM*SUX~

Post by Custommx3 »

I knew it was yoru axles clicking, the way u describbed. <BR>As far as not going into gear, you may have forced your axle in your tranny when u hit the curb, u could messed up some internals,
ProjekMX3
Supporting Member

Post by ProjekMX3 »

I ran a few more tests and I discovered that the first dianogsis was wrong. The car will go into gear. Also the cv joint is definitely broken. How much is this going to cost to repair?

Return to “General Mazda MX-3”