exhaust

General Mazda MX-3 Discussions

exhaust

Post by Guest »

if any of you guys are looking for what kind of exhaust to buy, i definitely recommend Magnaflow Performance, just got it installed today and it sounds great!! absolutely NO rice factor at all, very good sounding if you dont want too loud of an exhaust and it sounds tuff.
fernando

Re: exhaust

Post by fernando »

WHREDID YOU GE IT IS THE CATBACK OR JUST THE MUFLER WHERE CAN I GET IT THANKS FERNANDO
DVH

Post by DVH »

Big ups for magan flow!!!hahah!<BR>i got mine done last year, luv it! :D
Derek Van Horne MX-3.com Member # 33
94 MX-3 Silver Stone Metallic CAR is SOLD
Car Domain Web page MX-3
Car Domain Web page SRT-4
Tman

Post by Tman »

I had one on my mx-3...sounded great. too bad i wrecked my car. I am planning on cutting it off and selling it if anybody is interested.
R.I.P. September 25th @ 2:55 p.m. - 93 Mx-3 RS :-(

Post by Guest »

hey fernando its just the muffler, no cat-back, and if ya want one just check out any muffler shop around your town, someone should deal with magnaflow.
projectMX3

Post by projectMX3 »

good call on the MagnaFlow... that is what i have and i love it. Did you take out the res? I took mine out and love the sound. It isn't that loud unless you really step on it, then it comes to life.

Post by Guest »

nah, i kept the resonator in there, heard bad stuff on here about how loud it gets and such and i didnt want too loud of an exhaust so i kept it in, its loud enough as it is for me though, its great :)
mattster

Post by mattster »

its that on a 4cyl or v6 that it sounds good on?? also is that the "street series" muffler as seen here?<P><A HREF="http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/ws/eBayI ... 1873844745" TARGET=_blank>magnaflow</A><p>[ December 01, 2002: Message edited by: mattster ]
92 Mazda MX-3 GS: blaze red, bone stock, and daily driver
86 RX-7 GXL: '94 LT1 V8, 6 speed tranny, scary fast. SOLD
93 Mazda RX7 R1 LS1/6speed... 75% complete

http://www.cardomain.com/id/mattsterrx7" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
^link to my V8 swap page

Post by Guest »

thats on the GS V6, no its not the same one as in the picture, but it should sound the same anyways, mines the oval shape with dual 3" outlets, its all magnaflow so it should all have the same sound, and if your gonna buy it off ebay, make sure it can fit in under your car!
Flashpoint2

Post by Flashpoint2 »

I dunno what to tell you guys, I've got a 96 RS, and all I did was cut the muffler off and put a resonator in it's place (well, two, it's a quasi-dual exhaust), but it sounds wild.
1996 MX-3 RS - Sold.
2004 RX-8 GS - Yay!
Freq2002

Post by Freq2002 »

Magnaflow is the way to go if you're looking for a good mellow rumble without the tinny fart can sound.<P>If you're going to upgrade the system, easiest way is to take it to a reputable shop & have a new system bent on the spot.<BR>I had a 1 7/8" thick wall aluminized steel tube from the collecter down. Most of the serious people I've talked with as well as they guy who did my system advised againt goin larger unless you're running over 5,000 RPM's ALL the time. Keeps the gas velocities up & actualy helps the low end power band in the smaller displacement engines.<BR> Next, I had a 2" flex joint (ABSOLUTELY necesary!!! You WILL crack pipes w/o this item!!!) put in just before the cat. After that a good quality high-flow cat. For a resonator, good ol 2x24" Cherry Bomb glass pack works awesome. I tried it without the pre-muff, beleive me, it gets REAL old. Sounds like your flying around in a small plane,... <BR>Out back had a stainless Magnaflow with the dual oval tips, looked very close to stock.<P>Dont ask what it all cost, not pretty. There are alot of folks that will give you these crazy low prices they paid. Plain & simple, you get what you pay for & a complete system for under $600 at a "good" shop is rare.<BR>Pay for it once & enjoy it for years, or pay for it later, and even later, maybe a couple more times after that too.
The contents of this post are the opinions of myself and are NEVER meant to be percieved as the "be all, end all". So cram it!! :p

Return to “General Mazda MX-3”