Silver mercedes totaled my MX-3

Off-Topic Discussions
codyhoover

Silver mercedes totaled my MX-3

Post by codyhoover »

So I am driving down I-5 through Portland,OR and trafic comes to a stop(like it usualy does). I stop, and about 15 sec later this lady in a silver benz plows into the back of me at about 45mph. Needless to say my car is dead.
I am begining to think I am cursed. This is my 3rd wreck in 3 years. Only 1 of them was my fault thank god. 1st one I hit a jeep, 2nd one i was in a 6car pile up on I-5 because a hay truck tipped over, and now this<p>So in my quest for a new car this is what I'm looking at:<p>'93 Nissan 240sx(RWD!!!!/cheap)
'96 Nissan 240sx(RWD/Silvia conversion!!!!!)
'99 Subaru Impreza RS(AWD/cool stock body kit kinda spendy but I think I can swing it)
'94 Honda Prelude(I know....Boo on honda but i like it and hey its not a civic)<p>I have somewhere in the neighborhood of $8500
Im really leaning towards the '93 240sx and then put some money into it. <p>What do you guys think?
-Cody
Green '92 GS
140db on 1 12"
992mmx3

Re: Silver mercedes totaled my MX-3

Post by 992mmx3 »

240sx, or for more rwd fun and mid-engine chassis, go for an mr2! Sucks another northwest mx is gone, hope you're alright man!<p>[ March 31, 2003: Message edited by: 992mmx3 ]</p>
-Mark Lathrop
1992 MX-3 RS-T
B6T with some goodies

"...I told those fudgepackers I liked Michael Bolton's music..."
azmtbkr81

Post by azmtbkr81 »

go for the '96 240, its a sick, sick car, unless you have really bad winters there I would go for the Prelude. Sorry to hear that man, hope you are okay!
'94 Blaze Red RS<P>I may not have a lot of horsepower but I know how to use it!
Hy300

Post by Hy300 »

240sx are overrated, they happen to share a family with the Silvia, but the american and canadian versions just suck.
mitmaks
antispam: ~SPAM*SUX~

Post by mitmaks »

id get mr2, then slap in lexus es300/camry 3.0v6 go to track kill some hondas, get home and have fun :D
Magnum s/s lines, strut bars, carbon fiber bezel, indiglow gauge, Sony Xplod, inverted c/f hood, SRD lower tie bar '93 GS SE '95 Cobra SVT #2722 '68 Charger R/T 440
http://www.cardomain.com/id/mitmaks
codyhoover

Post by codyhoover »

I would love to get an MR2 but insurance on those things with my driving record would not be cheap!<p>as much as I loved my MX I want something RWD or AWD(I have a sick obsession with AWD burnouts)<p>As for me I'm ok I have some masive whiplash and some spinal alignment issues. nothing a doc cant fix.<p>I think I came out pretty good concidering her benz was totaled on the spot and and to be towed away. She was leaking every fluid possible and I drove away from it.<p>Oh yea I'll take out my reverse indiglow gauges and sell um cheep if anyone interested. they are the ones on ebay all the time
-Cody
Green '92 GS
140db on 1 12"
cjthor
Forum Moderator

Post by cjthor »

<blockquote><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial">quote:</font><hr>Originally posted by codyhoover:
I would love to get an MR2 but insurance on those things with my driving record would not be cheap!<p>as much as I loved my MX I want something RWD or AWD(I have a sick obsession with AWD burnouts)<p>As for me I'm ok I have some masive whiplash and some spinal alignment issues. nothing a doc cant fix.<p>I think I came out pretty good concidering her benz was totaled on the spot and and to be towed away. She was leaking every fluid possible and I drove away from it.<p>Oh yea I'll take out my reverse indiglow gauges and sell um cheep if anyone interested. they are the ones on ebay all the time<hr></blockquote>
I live close to you. U got a pic of the gauges? I
Jarid Perry
94 mx3 Turrrbooooo (not even close to stock) 302WHP
71 Chevy C20 (tow rig!!)
77 Jeep CJ5 (no way its stock)
06 MINI Cooper S JCW GP (few goodies) 210WHP
2008 MINI Cooper Clubman S
codyhoover

Post by codyhoover »

http://shop.store.yahoo.com/procarparts/92mazmx3eurr.html<p>
They are selling them for $50. Ive had them since christmas, so not a ton of use. So let say $30<p>They are actually for a toyota something truck. thats why the red line is 500rpms low but that is the only difference. They fit perfectly.<p>[ March 31, 2003: Message edited by: codyhoover ]</p>
-Cody
Green '92 GS
140db on 1 12"
azmtbkr81

Post by azmtbkr81 »

The 240sx does not suck, the stock engine isn't the most high performance engine in the world but it does have a lot of torque and the JDM SR20DET can be dropped in no questions asked-thats what I would go for for $8500, that or you could even get a an early 90's 300zx for around that price.
'94 Blaze Red RS<P>I may not have a lot of horsepower but I know how to use it!
mitmaks
antispam: ~SPAM*SUX~

Post by mitmaks »

or u can get eclipse my fav car, swap in 4g63 in it and turbo it at least one full bar and u get urself awd beast that beats those wrx's awd's
Magnum s/s lines, strut bars, carbon fiber bezel, indiglow gauge, Sony Xplod, inverted c/f hood, SRD lower tie bar '93 GS SE '95 Cobra SVT #2722 '68 Charger R/T 440
http://www.cardomain.com/id/mitmaks
codyhoover

Post by codyhoover »

So insurance FINALY got an estimate on fixing my car. drum roll please..............$6800<p>I am pretty sure they are gonna total it. Boo<p>So i guess I'm off to the car lots.
-Cody
Green '92 GS
140db on 1 12"
reSa

Post by reSa »

the 240sx sucks my dogs bum. my ex had an older one and now he has a 96. it is BY FAR the most UNCOMFORTABLE piece of sheit i have ever ridden/driven. chicks will NOT dig your car. it is like riding in a HEARSE. i cannot tell you how much i HATED those cars. i couldn't ride in them for more than 20 minutes at a time without getting neck/back pains and getting claustrophobic. plus its not a speed demon. so it's just all in all a crappy car. you should pick up a brand new tibby. good warranties (10 year or 100,000 miles)...and i know its hyundai...but have you seen em lately? they upgraded everything and let me tell you its...BAD@SS!! plus the v6 is FAST.<p>Image<p>
2003 Hyundai Tiburon GT V6 Adds Specs
MSRP starts at $17,999<p>GT V6<p>181 2GT V6: 181-horsepower, 2.7-liter DOHC V6 engine
Leather seating surfaces
Leather-wrapped steering wheel and shift knob
Sport-tuned suspension
Premium H280 360-watt 7-speaker Infinity® AM/FM/CD cassette audio system
Low spoiler
17-inch aluminum alloy wheels with Michelin® tires (with 6-speed manual trans. only)<p>[ April 27, 2003: Message edited by: reSa ]</p>

Return to “Off-Topic”