which the best gaming system.

Off-Topic Discussions
sean_hibbitts

Re: which the best gaming system.

Post by sean_hibbitts »

<blockquote><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial">quote:</font><hr>Originally posted by Shades:
XBOX... you can mod an XBOX so that you can play every game made for NES and SNES... it was sweet...<hr></blockquote><p>Jon does it require a Boot Disc or Mod Chip becuz i gotta whole bunch of Roms that are taking up room on my iMac space that i could use for a upcoming vid project. that my Team is gonna create. <p>-------------------------------------------------
Unamed Coquitlam Team Cars <p>94 Mazda MX3 RS
02 Chevrolet Malibu LS
83 Toyota Corolla
95 Chevrolet Lumina
02 Subaru Impreza TS
98 Subaru Impreza ??
?? Dodge Caravan (guy who drives it is crazy)
?? Datsun Truck <p>Honorary Cars
89 Honda Prelude
88 Toyota MR2
93 Ford Mustang<p>Rice is good but soba noodles are better
1994 Mazda MX3
Calling all my Cidia's too the east and the west
valkyire

Post by valkyire »

wow, i think im the only girl to reply...lol anyways, i like the xbox bc its superpowerful! you dont have to buy stupid memory cards, and you dont need a remote to play the dvds. just let it sit and it will automatically play, and like someone else said, you can mod it to play your snes games. unfortunately the system is big and bulky, but its tolerable. as far as the controllers, you can buy the smaller "s" controllers. and it has good games like halo, blood omen, and silent hill.
HEY MACNWIGS!!!.. do you have a turboduo? if so is it for sale?
valkyire

Post by valkyire »

btw i think that the best system of all is the snes. with games like ff3 lufia 1&2, dragon warrior, breath of fire, castlevania, all awesome games
Shades

Post by Shades »

Umm... I don't have one my friend had a XBoX with NES and SNES, including the games valkyire said, YEAH! Contra kicked a little arse too!<p>I do believe that you had load it into your hard drive via FTP... and you have to load a special program and not just the computer roms.<p>Actually you know what beats that?! My Fido Sony Ericcson phone... you can have 2 player pong at once! :p<p>[ December 24, 2002: Message edited by: Shades ]</p>
JoN - Ex-Automotive Machinist Journeyman/Refrigeration Mechanic Apprentice
1996 Mazda MX-3 RS - Creek Blue Mica

RACING BP fully built with Twin Scroll GT3071R TURBO @ +30psi - Specs and Pictures

"Do it ONCE, do it RIGHT!"
992mmx3

Post by 992mmx3 »

After a while you do need memory cards for the X-box, and also you can't play dvd's without the remote. The only thing that xbox really has over ps2 is that you can download your own music onto SOME of the games, but you can into the x-box itself. I like how promising the x-box is, and how they want to make it the center of your entertainment center, running everything off of it, but the games just don't add up IMO. :shrug:
-Mark Lathrop
1992 MX-3 RS-T
B6T with some goodies

"...I told those fudgepackers I liked Michael Bolton's music..."
The_Great_Tonge

Post by The_Great_Tonge »

I saw pc, because right now it has the BEST graphics. and the fact that if you get rom's and emulators you can play almost any game system up to the ps1 on there. give it a few years and they will have rom's for the ps2,xbox, and gamecube. so hands down pc is where its at. oh ya Sega is the best and for all who doubt, blaa on you :p
992mmx3

Post by 992mmx3 »

Agreed on the pc thing, games are usually more complex to if it is available to ps2 or xbox users, but as far as this blaa on you stuff, come on man, don't you think you're taking that a little too far? ouch :D
-Mark Lathrop
1992 MX-3 RS-T
B6T with some goodies

"...I told those fudgepackers I liked Michael Bolton's music..."
anjin1982

Post by anjin1982 »

i have ps2 and xbox i like xbox (i just brought a chip oh joy! :D )anyway i think the games are good and more challenging
http://members.cardomain.com/anjin1982
Maintaining my MX-3 in it's natural beauty state...Although i love the modded one's!!!
Nd4SpdSe

Post by Nd4SpdSe »

PC!
1992 Mazda Mx-3 GSR - 2.5L KLZE : Award Winning Show Car & Race Car ['02-'09] (Retired)
2004 Mazda RX-8 GT - Renesis Wankel : LS3 Coils, BHR Mid-Pipe + Falken RT-615K 245/40r18
2011 Mazda Mazda2 GS - 1.5L Manual : Yozora Edition (1 of 500)
2003 Nissan Xterra SE - 4x4 Supercharged : 2" Body Lift, 4" Suspension Lift & 33" MTR Kevlar
2001 Nissan Frontier SE - The Frontrailer : Expedition/Off-Road Trailer Project
mattster

Post by mattster »

i don't know about the complaints about the xbox controllers... hasn't anyone tried the new smaller ones? they are amazing!
anyway, i have always been a nintendo guy... NES was great for super mario bros. (i can beat the game in 4:33 :p ) and mario bros 3 (i don't know what happened to mario bros 2?). but i feel the greatest game of all time is perfect dark for N64. but i think when it comes to gamecube it just doesn't cut it. ive heard rumors of pefect dark 2 but its not happening anytime soon, so i must say that i have switched to being a PS2 guy. PS2 is the best because it has just so many great games and it seems to have a better future than xbox or gamecube.
92 Mazda MX-3 GS: blaze red, bone stock, and daily driver
86 RX-7 GXL: '94 LT1 V8, 6 speed tranny, scary fast. SOLD
93 Mazda RX7 R1 LS1/6speed... 75% complete

http://www.cardomain.com/id/mattsterrx7" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
^link to my V8 swap page

Post by Guest »

Yeah, the new "S Controller" is smaller....because Microsoft realized the original was so big and uncomfortable, they had to make a new one.
xtreme_X

Post by xtreme_X »

well i got the xbox , i choice that system over ps2 because of its memory and graphics, it gives you about 50000 memory block, it has the new controller which is smaller than the old one and each controller gives you two memory slot plus the system give you 4 controller port. <p>And the fun is you could play for hours and system doesn't heat up beacause it a has fan that cools down the system.<p>the first game i bought was motal kombat deadly alliance it awesome and am still waitting for capcom vs snk 2 coming for xbox, this is the type of games i like on xbox racing (project gotham , test drive, quatum redshift),shooting (unreal championship , mech assault), sport (nfl blitz 03,nba inside drive 03), rpg (max payne ,splier cell,Metal gear 2,halo, halo 2 coming soon)<p>thanks<p>new qestion would you put your new system in your car or leave on a wide tv screen?
Sonicxtacy02

Post by Sonicxtacy02 »

ok halo and others certainly arent rpg's there fps's (first person shooters), and other than those, all the xbox platform games suck. graphics only get you so far. Splinter Cell, my next HDF (huge disgusting failure) sucks. Great graphics but stale gameplay and robotic controls.
Shaun Newman
SOLD 1994 Blaze Red GS/ SOLD 1994 Chaste White GS-R
fictionaldaydream

Post by fictionaldaydream »

I have a ps2 and a gamecube, man gamecube says it has 180 games out. I barely see 50. The only game I play on the cube is bmx xxx, thats a funny *** game. Anyways has anyone heard of this game street racing syndicate. The graphics looks alright and the game itself seems pretty tight, heres some details.<p>High stakes such as money, pink slips, and the girlfriends of rival street racers
A detailed realistic damage option that affects a car's look and performance, and costs money to repair
The choice of illegal or officially sanctioned racing events
Build up vehicles with visual upgrades including licensed after-market parts
Tough cops who give tickets and fines, and impound cars
Play the extensive Street mode or drag race against friends using Multiplayer modes <p>If they put this game with online function it would sell like crazy.<p>Image<p>Image<p>Image<p>Image

Post by Guest »

Yes, Xcox, I mean Xbox platform does suck. It can pull off amazing graphics but Sonic is right, its got no games to back it up. And ummm, last time I checked my PS2 has a fan as well, and its a pretty loud one too. But not louder than Xbox's. That thing could cool your room down. And yes, Splinter Cell's controls are really robotic, not smooth and arkward feel. But the graphics are great. But....thats what you get with an Xbox, great graphics, but crappy gameplay and games.

Return to “Off-Topic”