rear defroster , and i have searched for an answer

General Mazda MX-3 Discussions
vuduben

rear defroster , and i have searched for an answer

Post by vuduben »

hey guys i know this post appears from time to time, but none of them have been able to answer my problem. first off the light on the button dosen't work and nore does the rear defroster, i've checked the fuse, i can hear a clicking when i push the button (so i assume the relay is still conected) i've checked the conection on the rear hatch and everything still seems fine, so i don't know what to do. [img]shrug.gif"%20border="0[/img] i didn't care about it in the summer but now i live in vancouver the humidity here means that i can never see out the back, and the humidity is on the inside so the wiper does nothing, and it's just going to get worse in the winter. any help or ideas would be greatly appreciated. <P>thanx for the help<BR>P
LiL-LaW

Re: rear defroster , and i have searched for an answer

Post by LiL-LaW »

I hear that bro, mine does the same ****, I got a 93' what year is yours???? I know the rear defrost works cause the odd time the light will come on when I push it but 99.9% of the time it dosent
vuduben

Post by vuduben »

mine is a 95 gs, and mine never work, if i can't find a way to make this work i'm going to have to jimmy rig something cause i hate not being able to see behind me, but i mean i've read about this problem alot, someone has got to have an answer :(
polak_gino

Post by polak_gino »

my light doesnt coem on but it still works
> Toronto MX-3 Club
> My Car Audio Install
> ProMazda.com

Metalic Green '92 GS 5-Speed
anjin1982

Post by anjin1982 »

same here te loght dont come on but it works maybe the contact on the window is off? do all not work or some?
http://members.cardomain.com/anjin1982
Maintaining my MX-3 in it's natural beauty state...Although i love the modded one's!!!
Manach

Post by Manach »

<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by vuduben:<BR><STRONG>hey guys i know this post appears from time to time, but none of them have been able to answer my problem. first off the light on the button dosen't work and nore does the rear defroster, i've checked the fuse, i can hear a clicking when i push the button (so i assume the relay is still conected) i've checked the conection on the rear hatch and everything still seems fine, so i don't know what to do. [img]shrug.gif"%20border="0[/img] i didn't care about it in the summer but now i live in vancouver the humidity here means that i can never see out the back, and the humidity is on the inside so the wiper does nothing, and it's just going to get worse in the winter. any help or ideas would be greatly appreciated. <P>thanx for the help<BR>P</STRONG><HR></BLOCKQUOTE><P>I think there is a reset fuse IN the dash for that. Well, let's me explain why I think that.<P>I need to take out my speedo, the needle for the speed broke. And my defroster was offline for a while, like something jump, and it didn't click back in.<P>So I open up the dash around the speedo, around 12 screws, and needed to unplug the defroster button.. Now, I had no like to take out my speedo to change it.. and replug everything back in. But surprise, my defroster went back alright, and I could now reuse it.. funny after 2-3 months..<P>Thy to disconnect it, and replug it first.. see what it does.<P>Oh, and also, my rear wiper didn't work at the same time as the defroster, so, when I plug everything back, my wiper was ok too.. weird..
Manach
Ex Mx'er with a Mx-3 1993..

Still in the Mazda Familly with :
-Mazda Rx-7 1987 GXL (Not running, one housing does not compress)
-Mazda Protege MazdaSpeed 2003.5 Titanium!

Still got 3 Engines!
- B6-ZE : Turbo Festiva project (Waiting donor car)
- BP-DE : Trader for a B6-ZE 1994 for parts upgrade in the Festiva project
- K8 : For sell. Pm me for info!

Once you go turbo, you can never go back!
your2slow

Post by your2slow »

I have the same issue with the light not working for the deforster but it does deforst. I have a 1996 MX3 GS ...
KL-ZE, Custom Intake, Apex Lowering Springs, and more to come this year.

Toronto Mx-3 Club
My Cardomain Site
Custommx3
Site Administrator
antispam: ~SPAM*SUX~

Post by Custommx3 »

I think they have weak or cheap bubs in them. EVERY ONE I have EVER seen that has been unplugged before goes out. Not saying it always happens, but all of my friends, who have taken out the switch, or atleast unplugged it, it has gone out, and the defroster still works. <BR>In my RS, my defroster has stopped working. I believe there is a reset switch near the glovebox, I know there is a circuit breaker on my RS, but im not 100% sure its for the rear defroster. I'll have to look it up.
vuduben

Post by vuduben »

well just to let you know, none of the lines in the back work. which sux, about that cricut breaker, in the manual it says something about a circut breaker but it's for the climat control, because of the amount of power it uses they put a breaker in instead of a fuse. i'll try taking to dash apart and checking if it's the button that is some how disconected, i hope that's it cause i'm kinda out of ideas if that dosen't work, i guess i could start checking the charge or resistance on the wires but, well seeing as how i don't really know what i'm looking for i have a feeling that i'll have trouble finding the problem, i'll keep you guys posted, and thanx for the help so far
Chris Wilson

Post by Chris Wilson »

have you ever had the rear window tinted?<BR>if so sometimes when the tint is removed wrong it will destroy the defroster
Manach

Post by Manach »

<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by vuduben:<BR><STRONG>well just to let you know, none of the lines in the back work. which sux, about that cricut breaker, in the manual it says something about a circut breaker but it's for the climat control, because of the amount of power it uses they put a breaker in instead of a fuse. i'll try taking to dash apart and checking if it's the button that is some how disconected, i hope that's it cause i'm kinda out of ideas if that dosen't work, i guess i could start checking the charge or resistance on the wires but, well seeing as how i don't really know what i'm looking for i have a feeling that i'll have trouble finding the problem, i'll keep you guys posted, and thanx for the help so far</STRONG><HR></BLOCKQUOTE><P>Just a little more info.. I unplug the switch, and replug it back.. If that help.
Manach
Ex Mx'er with a Mx-3 1993..

Still in the Mazda Familly with :
-Mazda Rx-7 1987 GXL (Not running, one housing does not compress)
-Mazda Protege MazdaSpeed 2003.5 Titanium!

Still got 3 Engines!
- B6-ZE : Turbo Festiva project (Waiting donor car)
- BP-DE : Trader for a B6-ZE 1994 for parts upgrade in the Festiva project
- K8 : For sell. Pm me for info!

Once you go turbo, you can never go back!
Rorek

Post by Rorek »

I'm have pretty much the same problem, last winter I left my car in Ottawa at my gf's place for a few days as I didn't want to drive back to Toronto, and when I got back the defroster wasn't working anymore, and no one had used the car in my absense. The button clicks, but no light comes on, and the defroster doesn't do anything, I've tried the fuses and they're all good, and just about anything else I could think of, and I'm getting to the point where I'm going to need it again as snow has already arrived.. so if you come up with anything I'm all ears.
CanadianMx-3

Post by CanadianMx-3 »

I dont know what happened it just stopped working. I dont have tinted windows. When I push the button it no longer illuminates and the hatch gets extremely fogged up and I cant see anything. I checked the fuse box inside the car and they dont even have a fuse. How the hell am I supposed to diagnose this?<p>[ November 29, 2002: Message edited by: CanadianMx-3 ]
Dedicated SR20 SLUT
mx3optidrive

Post by mx3optidrive »

Hey people, I had the same problem. The light was out and I could hear the relay clicking and yesturday, just for curiousity, I took out the relay which I located by following the clicking sound and unpluged it. Guess what, it was burnt out and the plug was even burnt. So I would check the relay even if it is clicking because it may still be bad like mine. I hope this helps.<P>Jeff
Shop 506-577-6708
cell 506-381-3503
email danny@jdracing.ca
CanadianMx-3

Post by CanadianMx-3 »

Where is the relay and how do you remove it?
Dedicated SR20 SLUT

Return to “General Mazda MX-3”