Any mountain bikers out there?

Off-Topic Discussions
azmtbkr81

Any mountain bikers out there?

Post by azmtbkr81 »

I'm sure there must be some mountain bikers out there who are also into MX-3s. If so post what kind of bike(s) you have and what type of riding you do. <P>As for me:<BR>'02 Gary Fisher Big Sur (XC riding/racing)<BR>'00 Santa Cruz Heckler X (Freeride/urban assault)<BR>'95 GT Zaskar (Campus beater/backup XC bike)<P>Most of my money goes into my bikes, doesn't leave much for my MX-3. I can't decide weather to buy a Psylo for my Heckler or an exhaust for my MX-3. [img]shrug.gif"%20border="0[/img]
'94 Blaze Red RS<P>I may not have a lot of horsepower but I know how to use it!
nksmx-3

Re: Any mountain bikers out there?

Post by nksmx-3 »

I do some mountain biking out on the mountain trails by my house they are getting pretty easy anymore so im looking for some new places arround me. im still a beginer so i only bought a 300$ mongoose which so far has worked pretty well. <BR>one quick question, what do you do for tubes because mine are allways going flat and i've tried the goop stuff whats next. [img]shrug.gif"%20border="0[/img]
late night conversations turn into a fight, and all the years youve been frustrated finaly subside, and you walk away, to face the day, alone.
azmtbkr81

Post by azmtbkr81 »

Dude, best thing to do is go to a bike shop and get some Mr. Tuffy tire strips, they are like $30 for both wheels. Unfortunately, they add a little rotating mass but are much better than getting flats every ride. Good Luck!
'94 Blaze Red RS<P>I may not have a lot of horsepower but I know how to use it!
mmonid

Post by mmonid »

'99 Giant Iguana SE (X-Country)<BR>I bought what I could afford at the time, but for the money, it is a great bike. Strong, light, and pretty fast. Next bike (maybe next year) will be dual suspension, disc brake. There is not much in the way of mountains here, but there are some great forests that are challenging. Best thing is, my bike will fit in the MX-3 with a weekend's worth of luggage! :D
Matthew Monid

1993 MX-3 RS 5-Speed (Sold)/1997 Volvo 850 AWD Turbo 5-Speed

Return to “Off-Topic”