Seat belt light keeps coming on

General Mazda MX-3 Discussions
blaze red mx-3

Seat belt light keeps coming on

Post by blaze red mx-3 »

This morning i was driving when my seatbelt light came on and started beeping, i opened and closed my door andit went away. I went back out a little bit later and it kept happening, any ideas???
Paragon

Re: Seat belt light keeps coming on

Post by Paragon »

mine did the same thing. with the auto seatbelts, it seems if you pull them to the right lenght out, they beep. simply take apart your center console, and right by the 2 spools of seat belt there are four wires. you will have an orange wire, a pink wire, and 2 black wires. the orange wire and one of the blacks is drivers side, the pink and the other black is passenger. cut the wires between the plug and the seatbelts. crimp the orange and the corresponding black wire together, and then do the same for the pink wire and other black wire. this should eliminate that light coming on when you pull the seatbelt out some. this will have no safety affects on your vehicle, the seatbelts still work fine. also, when you start the car, the light will come on and beep a few times, then it should go off. i'll try to get you some pics soon.
Mnemonic
Forum Moderator

Post by Mnemonic »

Or just be smarter go to the Mazda dealership, tell them there was a recall on the mx3 cause of seat belt issues, they look it up and fix the problem free of charge :p
08 Infiniti G37s 6speed (The Daily)
Stillen Cold Air Intake, Z1 Plenum Power Mod, Z1 Headers, Z1 Test Pipe, OBX (Ark) Exhaust, Up-Rev Osiris Engine Management (Tuned at Z1), 20x9" 20x10" Str Racing Concave Staggered Rims, SPC Camber kit, Tein H Techs Springs

01 Lexus Is300 (LS2 Project)
93 Mx3 SE 2.5 KLZE (sold it)
93 Mx3 GS 2.0 KFZE (killed it)
Maddbuck

Post by Maddbuck »

read here I discussed how to fix with no cutting.<BR> <A HREF="http://www.mx-3.com/cgi-bin/ultimatebb. ... 1&t=001843" TARGET=_blank>http://www.mx-3.com/cgi-bin/ultimatebb. ... =001843</A>
Paragon

Post by Paragon »

wow maddbuck...that's pretty ingenius, nice work. i'm wayy to lazy to do that though, lol.

Return to “General Mazda MX-3”