Lowering your mx-3

Off-Topic Discussions
DVH

Re: Lowering your mx-3

Post by DVH »

I guees im stupid, cuz im doing it! <BR>and damn proud@<BR>no offence to u pal, but that's the most pathetic thing i've heard today and i just came from a kegger.....im really smashed right !!!!!!!!!<BR>but hey, its ur opinion eh? and thats cool!<BR>later :D
Derek Van Horne MX-3.com Member # 33
94 MX-3 Silver Stone Metallic CAR is SOLD
Car Domain Web page MX-3
Car Domain Web page SRT-4
ProtegeSTS

Post by ProtegeSTS »

Wow....maybe we shouldnt give the engines more than about 30hp and gear them to 45mph, because its safer. [img]shrug.gif"%20border="0[/img]
-93 MR2
#129 E-stock
David Coleman

Post by David Coleman »

Since this post had nothing to do with logic or facts about suspension...to the Off Topic forum it goes... [img]shrug.gif"%20border="0[/img]
David Coleman
I used to know alot about MX-3's, but not so much anymore. Oh well.
ProtegeSTS

Post by ProtegeSTS »

<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by keymaker:<BR><STRONG><BR>Protoge: I respect your oppinions..<BR>But this isn't what I am saying.<BR>I am saying these cars are very low already, And shouldn't be lowered any more- Now I understand for racing and track and such- But *how* can it be justified on a daily driver?<BR>Anyone who is immature enough to think it looks "cool" is going to be someone with no driving skills.<BR>This means, They need a safer car.<P>Why is the world like this?<BR>The skill-less punk teenagers have the most dangerous vehicles.<BR>Because they are COOL!!</STRONG><HR></BLOCKQUOTE><P>I won the Florida State Championships in STS when I was 19. [img]shrug.gif"%20border="0[/img] <P><BR>It can be justified for the EXACT same reason that putting an intake on a DAILY DRIVER. Its not the lowering itself that helps handling, its the increased spring rate, and then the upgraded dampeners that you SHOULD add along with the springs. These spring rates will also change the handling chacteristics of the car. <P>Even if you NEVER race, its simply more fun to drive a car that handles well....maybe a reason why people buy sports cars, just maybe.
-93 MR2
#129 E-stock
phantom12183

Post by phantom12183 »

Well you know what, im going to lower my mx-3!! I dont care if i turn into a ramp for a huge truck, whether i lower it or not im probaly a gonner!!! It is ridiculous to suggest NOT lowering it.
Have a wonderful day!<P>[banned because he believed rules werent ment to be followed. Tried to reason with him, but refused to cooperate. Decided to insult, those posts deleted, Banned. Sorry, but rules are rules, I dont make them, I'm asked to enforce them.]
MAZDASPEED STEVE

Post by MAZDASPEED STEVE »

There's a plus and minus for everthing. One says don't lower your car cause it's dangerous- but it does improve the handling.<BR>(dumb example)Don't tint your windows, it makes it harder to see at night- but sure does help block the sun on hot days for those without A/C.<BR>Obviously one knows the pros and cons of a product before they purchase it.<BR>Most importantly keymaker lowering springs DON'T cause Accidents! Carelessness and ignorance does. :) <BR>Did that sound wise or was it just me? Maybe I'm just getting old. lol :D
THANX
MAZDASPEED
STEVE
gleichnerr

Post by gleichnerr »

Hey Keymaker:<P>If you want "safe" - go out and buy a Nerf car with a 1.5 hp engine, and be sure to put one of those flourescent-orange bicycle flags on it.<P>But seriously, you're entitled to your opinion.<P>However, as some of the others have said (in a round-about way) PROPERLY lowering your car may actually make it safer, because you can quickly and effectively steer around obstacles / avoid collisions more readily, at a slight reduction in ride comfort.
Ron Gleichner<BR>1992 GS<BR>Stock (at least, for now)<P>ZOOMX3
Pac Man

Post by Pac Man »

Mazda SPeed steve is the man. I hear ya man. Some raised you good or atleast your Wise anyways. I like the saying as well were probably gonners anyways with the new trucks and how big they are. were pancakes :roll:
Why go when you can SHOW!!!!! :)
mr.hunt

Post by mr.hunt »

How can you honestly coment on this. Safty is everyones concern but what is safty to me might not be safe to you. I personal think jumping outa a plane is not safe but lots people do it but am I to tell them that. Really I can't. People have to know that they make there own decicions and acept there own risk that is why they have there lives so I guess if you are saying pls understand by lowering your car you put a possible danger to yourself.... then we might be thanx for the heads up man!!! Peace<P>Mike
mr.hunt

Post by mr.hunt »

oh by the way I am old as well..maybe to some anyhow lol. sorry about the typo's peace<BR>mike

Return to “Off-Topic”