What do you think?!?!?!?!

Off-Topic Discussions
MrsOzx

What do you think?!?!?!?!

Post by MrsOzx »

Ok this may seem wierd... I am Italian. No not that part.. :) But I have had a little perdicument since I have been in the states. Well the last 10 years. My dad wanted a boy really bad and had my name picked out before I was born. Even though I am obviously not a guy, I still got the name. Giavonni Perelli. I love the name, but I can not remember a time when I have not been teased about it. So When I turned 18 I got my name changed. Now I am at a point in my life where I really dont care anymore. I like the name and screw anyone who doesnt.. Its me.. So I am thinking about changing it back. I just dont want to go through what I did growing up. What do you think? [img]shrug.gif"%20border="0[/img]
MrsOzx<p>buh-bye........
Giavonni Perelli
Wildman640

Re: What do you think?!?!?!?!

Post by Wildman640 »

I think you pretty much said it yourself, If you like the name then why worry about what everyone else thinks about it. Personally I like it, but that is my opinion. Good luck with your decision.
finchuck

Post by finchuck »

what did you change your name to?
<A HREF="http://www.finchuck.com" TARGET=_blank>Finchuck Online</A>
Rich MX3

Post by Rich MX3 »

Ever consider about switching it to Gia?
Richard Y.<BR>'94 Black GS<BR>Stock V6, minor mods
The_Great_Tonge

Post by The_Great_Tonge »

well...<BR>you wouldn't be the first lady i know with that name. i actually like it and think it is a sexy name. oh well my $.02
MrsOzx

Post by MrsOzx »

I changed my name to Stephanie. And my family still calls me Gia. But I think I am going to take the day off tomorrow and go back down to the court house and put in the paperwork. Screw it.. I love it so I am going to change it back. :)
MrsOzx<p>buh-bye........
Giavonni Perelli
MrsOzx

Post by MrsOzx »

Kinda funny.. when I changed my name my parents did not talk to me for a week because they did not want me to have an American name. Stupid... [img]shrug.gif"%20border="0[/img]
MrsOzx<p>buh-bye........
Giavonni Perelli
Wildman640

Post by Wildman640 »

I hope everything works out for you. :)
Nottahonda

Post by Nottahonda »

GO FOR IT! Anything is better than Stephanie!! Kids callin' you "Step-on-me" and stuff! hehehe No really. I agree with Rich. Go for Gia! I think that was a character Angelina Jolie played, and she's hot! :D Don't feel TOO bad though. I have the lamest guy name ever. Casey. Try to be manly with a name like that. <BR>"Hey, what's your name?" <BR>"...uh... Casey." (pronounced with a lisp it's even better)
Casey Guthrie
[email]goesfast@theraces.com" target="_blank[/email]
Lil Ruby

Post by Lil Ruby »

I understand what you mean. As I child, I hated my name(LaFarrah). I made everyone call me by my middle name(Nycole or Nikki). Because as we all know kids can be very, very cruel. As I got older, I realized I had such a unique name. I started to appreciate how different was. Now, I am proud of my name. I am glad to hear that you decided to go back to your birth name. I wish you the best in 2002 ;)
MrsOzx

Post by MrsOzx »

Ya I think with age uniqueness becomes more interesting and most people begin to care less and less what other people think. My name change is now finalized and I feel so much better now. Kinda wierd, but I feel myself again. And I cannot believe I let my name cause so much stress in my life. Now that I have completely defferent friends than I did when I was little everyone loves it. I just wish I would have done it sooner. Bun now is better than never I guess :)
MrsOzx<p>buh-bye........
Giavonni Perelli
Wildman640

Post by Wildman640 »

Congrats on getting the name change taken care of. I wish you the best of luck with your decision. Have you found out who stole your car yet?
MAZDASPEED STEVE

Post by MAZDASPEED STEVE »

Hey I'm Italian too. My name at birth was Stepheno Sanvido. But when my mom got remarried it was changed to Hopf(pronounced Hoff) I got teased alot with that, until I threw a couple quick witted comments back and then people shut-up. Gia is a great name, even better a great Italian name. :D
THANX
MAZDASPEED
STEVE
MrsOzx

Post by MrsOzx »

no but I found it and I just posted a message about it :confused: [img]shrug.gif"%20border="0[/img]
MrsOzx<p>buh-bye........
Giavonni Perelli
David Witherow

Post by David Witherow »

Giavonni perelli that is a kick a-- name...i think its beautiful<p>[ February 07, 2002: Message edited by: caveman ]

Return to “Off-Topic”