New car shopping

Off-Topic Discussions
Sonicxtacy02

New car shopping

Post by Sonicxtacy02 »

Well the mx is finally paid off! I'm going to look at new cars this weekend and through research i've narrowed it down to 4 cars. Mitsu Eclipse, Subaru WRX sedan, Nissan Sentra Spec V, and Toyo Celica GTS. I'm leaning towards either the cel or the sub cause i've heard bad things on the others. What do you guys think.
Shaun Newman
SOLD 1994 Blaze Red GS/ SOLD 1994 Chaste White GS-R
finchuck

Re: New car shopping

Post by finchuck »

i like the celica's a lot, plus i've been burnt pretty bad by them in my day
<A HREF="http://www.finchuck.com" TARGET=_blank>Finchuck Online</A>
Mradio

Post by Mradio »

i'd go with the WRX. i've seen couple of really hooked up ones around where i live. plus the turbo engine can be modified a lot. and there are tons of aftermarket parts available for it. <BR>I wanna wait till Mitsu brings their Lancer Evo here, and i'll definetely will get that.
Check out my ride and leave some feedback please!
http://www.cardomain.com/id/mradio007
Sonicxtacy02

Post by Sonicxtacy02 »

dude thats like waiting for the rx-8. It'll be awhile before they ditch the current us spec, which i would take on with a neon and win. Why god why
Shaun Newman
-=deathtrap-mx3=-

Post by -=deathtrap-mx3=- »

WRX! WRX! WRX! WRX! WRX! WRX! WRX! WRX! WRX! WRX! WRX! WRX! WRX! WRX! WRX! WRX! WRX! WRX! WRX! WRX! WRX! WRX! WRX! WRX! WRX! WRX! WRX! WRX! WRX! WRX! <BR>they rule! go test drive one! it whoops trans ams! WRX! WRX! WRX! WRX! WRX! WRX! WRX! WRX! WRX! WRX! WRX! WRX! WRX! WRX! WRX! WRX! WRX! WRX! WRX! WRX! WRX! WRX!
Looking for a 94+GS for KL-ZE fun :)
02 Protege DX Retired
93 MX-3 RS Gone But Not Forgotten
Mradio

Post by Mradio »

it looks like every other new sport compact is a WRX. In philly area i've seen tons of them. <BR>If subaru brought the wrx here, then Mitsu (if not that stupid) will definetely bring Lancer EVO. Cause Subaru makes tons of money selling their cars, because they don't have direct competitor in that market segment..
Check out my ride and leave some feedback please!
http://www.cardomain.com/id/mradio007
-=deathtrap-mx3=-

Post by -=deathtrap-mx3=- »

we've got the lancer, but not the evo trim.
Looking for a 94+GS for KL-ZE fun :)
02 Protege DX Retired
93 MX-3 RS Gone But Not Forgotten
azmtbkr81

Post by azmtbkr81 »

Dude, out of the cars you listed I would probably go for the WRX, it definetly has a lot of potential, it has a 0-60 of 5.4 seconds, thats like as quick as a Camaro Z-28! You might want to also look at the VW GTI VR6, my buddy has one, and even though its not as quick as the WRX, it is still fast as hell, has an extremely roomy interior plus the quality is outstanding. I'd steer clear of the Mitsu becasue its reliability is questionable, the sentra V-spec is cool-you can't beat the price-but its still a sentra, and the Toyota is pretty sweet too but I don't think there is anything extremely outstanding about it for how much money they want for it. Anyways, you should drive them all and then pick which ever one feels the best to you. Let us know what you decide!
'94 Blaze Red RS<P>I may not have a lot of horsepower but I know how to use it!
Sonicxtacy02

Post by Sonicxtacy02 »

i'm making arrangements for the wrx!... you have GOT to drive this car. I liked the sentra too.. but they still have that soft a-- transmission they've always had so that turned me off. Cant go wrong with this subaru!
Shaun Newman

Return to “Off-Topic”