fast and the furious. what do you think

Off-Topic Discussions

Re: fast and the furious. what do you think

Post by Guest »

I thought the Cars WERE TIZIGHT!!!!!<BR>But the movie line sucked, The Road Wars drag strip scene was too short, not much detail, the racing off in his dads full blown muscle car , I thought he was after the guys tryin to kill the Vw jetta guy, instead he was just runnin away for his own life, for get the guy with the Vdub, and how the "Cop" guy with the supra said to the girl that all his feelings for here are true even before he said he was a cop, That lines in like every movie, Get a new topic and go with it, But The Cars Were HOTTT, expesially putting nos in the seat of the Rx-7, that was nice, Just my opion
DriversClub

Post by DriversClub »

Yea I think half the theater was jumping up and down in there seats for the cars! But in general the movie was cheesie. More cars less talk says I.<BR>DriversClub
David Coleman

Post by David Coleman »

I liked it, as they did their homework on most of the stuff. However, there were some discrepancies I noticed:<BR><UL TYPE=SQUARE><BR><LI>T66 shown with integral wastegate<BR><LI>T66 sure isnt going on a Spoon motor<BR><LI>Bigger NOS bottles = more power?<BR><LI>SR20's in a EK9 and DC1?<BR><LI>T4s will go on a 4G63, but why when you could go 20g?<BR><LI>AWD DSM [big turbo, NOS lost off the line to FWD imports :lol:, and then caught up on the top end :lol:<BR><LI>An eaton on a 426 is gonna be alot more than 900hp [650hp stock, before the built bottom end and blower....]<BR></UL><P>That's all I caught the first time round...prolly will catch more when I get it on DVD. Image<P>Decent flick though Image<BR><P>------------------<BR>David Coleman- <B><I>Moderator</B></I><BR><A HREF="http://www.PinkMX-3.com" TARGET=_blank>1993 Mazda MX-3 GS Special Edition</A><BR><B><I>Why get clear tail lights when only Geo Metros are gonna see them?</I></B>
David Coleman
I used to know alot about MX-3's, but not so much anymore. Oh well.
white fish

Post by white fish »

I feel left out <BR>I have no turbo <BR>I have no NOS<BR>I have no dollars<BR>and I only have a 15 second car<P>------------------<BR>Clear White 2.5L GSR
cjthor
Forum Moderator

Post by cjthor »

Hey David,<P> Its a movie man! I watched gone in sixty seconds and they had that mustang lauch over a whole bunch of cars and still land and take off. Its called movie magic. I saw the fast and the furious last night and you must have been sittin there with a pen and a pad to catch all that stuff. Just enjoy the movie.<P> Jarid Perry<BR> 94 Blaze Red RS<P><BR> <BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by David Coleman:<BR><B>I liked it, as they did their homework on most of the stuff. However, there were some discrepancies I noticed:<BR><UL TYPE=SQUARE><BR><LI>T66 shown with integral wastegate<BR><LI>T66 sure isnt going on a Spoon motor<BR><LI>Bigger NOS bottles = more power?<BR><LI>SR20's in a EK9 and DC1?<BR><LI>T4s will go on a 4G63, but why when you could go 20g?<BR><LI>AWD DSM [big turbo, NOS lost off the line to FWD imports :lol:, and then caught up on the top end :lol:<BR><LI>An eaton on a 426 is gonna be alot more than 900hp [650hp stock, before the built bottom end and blower....]<BR></UL><P>That's all I caught the first time round...prolly will catch more when I get it on DVD. Image<P>Decent flick though Image<P><BR></B><HR></BLOCKQUOTE><P>
Jarid Perry
94 mx3 Turrrbooooo (not even close to stock) 302WHP
71 Chevy C20 (tow rig!!)
77 Jeep CJ5 (no way its stock)
06 MINI Cooper S JCW GP (few goodies) 210WHP
2008 MINI Cooper Clubman S

Post by Guest »

Right on BoogerMan!! This guys Deap!!
jonnybpimpin

Post by jonnybpimpin »

all u guys are funny man . <BR>abotu that movie s---. <BR>but its true enjoy the movie. i thought it was fucken awsome.. i liked it . im only 17 and getting an mx3 v6 next week as a first car.. what u guys thing. 162,00 km. only $4,400 not bad eh ? canadian . mx3 gs<BR>but no air conditioning boo. oh well . still nice for first car ???
mazdakid

Post by mazdakid »

i thought it was abostulty amazing, after the first scene in the movie i was hooked,then it just got better and better
VizualXTC

Post by VizualXTC »

I'm with cjthor, it's a F**king movie, enjoy it for what it is. Don't go finding flaws in tha s---. It's a tight movie, that's all there is too it.
~Ryan~

1994 MX-3 GS Teal
Stock V6 with insane potential
1987 Toyota Pickup
SR5 Xtracab Turbo

--The slow wait until the green light, while the FAST already left when the red went out--

--Sex should be like driving a Honda....slow, obscene, and loud enough for the neighbors to hear--
ImageImage
David Coleman

Post by David Coleman »

I agree its "just a movie", but reading an <I>Import Tuner</I> before you write the script isnt exactly doing research. <P>How realistic would it be if some F-15E's bombed the Naval shipyard in <I>Pearl Harbour</I>? You'd notice that right away if you knew planes reasonably well, and it would take away from the realism of the movie and show you that the directors did not take the time to do their homework on the subject. <P>To each his own...<P>Oh and by the way, I did not have any paper there, when you know a bit about cars that stuff jumps out at ya...or at least it did me and my other car buds who saw the movie. <P>------------------<BR>David Coleman- <B><I>Moderator</B></I><BR><A HREF="http://www.PinkMX-3.com" TARGET=_blank>1993 Mazda MX-3 GS Special Edition</A><BR><B><I>Why get clear tail lights when only Geo Metros are gonna see them?</I></B>
David Coleman
I used to know alot about MX-3's, but not so much anymore. Oh well.
shawnm

Post by shawnm »

Hey I wanna see that moviez!!!!!!!!<P>i just have seen the trailer, and i liked it alot<BR>but unfortunatelly here in Poland, we have a half year delay towards US.<P>ow man.........<P>------------------<BR>shawnm<BR>MX-3 red blaze...POLAND<BR>UIN 21934953<BR>shawnm@wp.pl
shawnm<P>miata 1,6 <BR>UIN 21934953<BR>shawnm@wp.pl
SE-Man

Post by SE-Man »

Just a though, when they shot through the RX-7's engine while it was reving on the line didn't they show it as a normal combustion, when it should have been a rotery? Maybe I was just too tired....<P>------------------<BR>Thanks,<BR>Teri<BR>'93 MX-3 SE
Kim 95' V6 DK

Post by Kim 95' V6 DK »

talking of movies you guys should see the french movies "taxi" 1-2 now that is some good s--- <BR>iam loking foward to see Fast and the Furious
<I>Why get a car whith more than two doors when your not running a daytime kindergarten</I>
Frenchguy0

Post by Frenchguy0 »

YOU GO KIM !<P>Taxi 1 was awesome, blowing away Fast and furious, Taxi 2 was alright. I'm surprised these movies didn't make it to the U.S. You see i'm French and I love hearing about French stuff.<BR>I have also heard that they are already working on a sequel of te fast and the furious after the great reviews the first got. ! I;m already waiting<P>------------------<BR>Frenchguy0<BR>'92 GS Emerald Green<BR>crenia@hotmail.com
Frenchguy0<BR>'92 GS Emerald Green<BR>crenia@hotmail.com
fieval79
Supporting Member

Post by fieval79 »

I loved the movie. I thought the cars were the s---, and I also liked the plot. The next day after I saw it I read an article by a critic that totally slammed the movie because of the cars. Saying that the movie was all about the cars (In a bad way) and that it should have been more about the people. I then proceeded to write a letter to that critic and bitched him out for knocking something he obviously knew nothing about. I told him this movie was made for the import scene, and not some yuppy in a suit (I believe anyways). Two weeks later he sent me a letter and apologized to me......lol. Talk about someone not doing there homework......<P>John Van Camp<BR>94 white RS<P>

Return to “Off-Topic”