turbo honda vs stock gs

Other - General Mazda Discussions
fry_81

Re: turbo honda vs stock gs

Post by fry_81 »

i am also a honda driver, i drive a 2002 civic, and i am definatly not a ricer. i know many civic drivers who are not ricers. many civic drivers are portrayed as ricers because they only have 1 mod like an exhaust system. how does this make them rice? many of us mx3ers may only have an exhaust system done, but have many more future plans. just like these so called "ricers" they also will have future plans. its unfair to brand everyone who drives a civic as a ricer.
my 2 cents.
1994 5spd GS Parts Car For Sale 800obo. e-mail for details. fry_81@hotmail.com
MikeUK
Forum Moderator

Post by MikeUK »

Ha, Fry a little angry. But its a good point, we all have to start some were dont we. You should see some of the ricers over here in the UK. Tiny little European town/clown cars with wods of cash just randomly thrown at them not knowing when to stop (Very silly).

Not sure what speck a GS is but over here I think it would be the UK 130hp virsion. So yea the guy wasnt racing you. So if you were racing him(Off track, Which is a bad thing!) Im sure the guy was laughing at you.
papa roached

Post by papa roached »

a ricer is someone who gets a car puts a muffler on then has these big dreams of bling bling and they put all these super cheap APC parts on their car and make no effort to make it faster or even look decent and walk around like they are fast and furious and have the biggest **** in the universe.....and your right fry, just cause its a honda dont mean hes a ricer, i almost got a civic because edelbrock came out with their performer x turbo kit right at the time my white gs got wrecked and that would have been what i got for it, would that have made me a ricer? a ricer can drive anything and be anyone and no one forget it
93 MX-3 GS (collecting parts for Eunos Presso conversion), 94 626 Transmission (4.10 gears), KL31 camed KL-ZE, Millenia intake, Millenia TB, SSAutochrome V2 headers, Magnaflow cat, 2 1/4 in pipe, Top Speed Pro 1 muffler, 9lb Fidanza Flywheel, ACT clutch, Corksport SS clutch line, Corksport SS brake lines, Unorthadox UDP, 255 lph fuel pump, HEI mod, ghetto-charger intake, KL36 ECU, SRD transverse crossmember bushings, SRD shifter extention bushing, SRD crossmember, Corksport bronzoil shifter bushings, Brembo Crossdrilled and Slotted rotors, 15 inch Konig Heliums, ZX-2 S/R struts, Eibach lowering springs, OEM front strut bar, Ebay rear strut bar, BFGoodrich G-Force T/A KDWs

Parts needing installed: turbo kit from BB (if i ever get it), 9.0:1 CR Diamond pistons, 4340 forged H beam rods, C/J-Spec spoiler, Nissan red tops in KL rails
http://www.cardomain.com/id/blazejeremy
airjordon_09

Post by airjordon_09 »

Originally posted by papa roached:
a ricer is someone who gets a car puts a muffler on then has these big dreams of bling bling and they put all these super cheap APC parts on their car and make no effort to make it faster or even look decent and walk around like they are fast and furious and have the biggest **** in the universe.....and your right fry, just cause its a honda dont mean hes a ricer, i almost got a civic because edelbrock came out with their performer x turbo kit right at the time my white gs got wrecked and that would have been what i got for it, would that have made me a ricer? a ricer can drive anything and be anyone and no one forget it
you have to remember there are some idiots on this board who all they do is talk talk talk. i agree 100% with you. like if someone goes and makes their car look crazy with conv.'s and tons of ****, and if people dont like it, then they are ricers. i think it sometimes comes down to a jelously thing that someone else's ride is getting a lot more attention then their own.

i also hear it a lot from people who drive completly stock cars running their mouth about a custom car. like if your in the import scene then be in it and know it. dont be an outsider and talk **** about everyone else's car but your own and i know of quite a few people on this board that do that :D

peace
JºrDôñ
Mx sold, gonna miss ya babe

gti_driven@hotmail.com
Kokiriwave

Post by Kokiriwave »

:werd:

Honda's aren't bad cars....

They're just reallllly bad when they're stock...
This thread has become pointless....
I want MAZDASPEED!
MY WEBSITE:: http://kingmx.net
SE-Man

Post by SE-Man »

Originally posted by Steeb:
Originally posted by mx3man83:
*just to clarify, I am talking about a stock GS
im sure a turbo honda will eat a fully built k8 too... :laugh:
I beat a turbo CRX by about two car lenghts.

And, If your friend had the HX model honda civic, he could turbo charge it and a base model civic EX will still beat it. I had a friend with the HX model civic ("H"ybrid "X"periment) model only has like 50-60hp to the front wheels and half that in torqe but gets like 50mpg it was the base that the Honda Hybrid is now. Turboed at 8psi with an HX engine and HX CPU and fully modded (CAI, CBE, FMI, AND BOOST CONTROL) I STILL walked him> after his JDM swap he kicked my butt> the main problem with the car is the CPU it suppresses too much of the HP and TQ
VampireSix

Post by VampireSix »

so, does my stock '94 RS with no visual mods other than a tint and black altezzas make me a ricer?
-Vampire Six
DJ

Post by DJ »

My girlfriend was lent a 2002 Honda Civic for a couple weeks to get to and from work while her boss was on holidays.
After driving it, I can't see how anyone got the idea to mod that car. I mean, nothing at all is good about it, poor gas milage, huge amount of road noise, ugly exterior and interior, and it's so gutless. I have never had to down shift into 1st before to be able to pull into a gas station before because it didnt have enough balls to make it up the tiny hill.
Sure, you have tons of mod parts to buy for a civic, but you need them just to bring the car up to par with others.
fry_81

Post by fry_81 »

DJ-i have a 2002 civic and i disagree with everything you said.
1994 5spd GS Parts Car For Sale 800obo. e-mail for details. fry_81@hotmail.com

Post by Guest »

<font color=red>......you all know who would win
papa roached

Post by papa roached »

yup, big honda with lots of $ dumped into it racing a stock MX-3, really fair, put a turbo 2.5L MX-3 out there or Franko's BPT MX and its done
93 MX-3 GS (collecting parts for Eunos Presso conversion), 94 626 Transmission (4.10 gears), KL31 camed KL-ZE, Millenia intake, Millenia TB, SSAutochrome V2 headers, Magnaflow cat, 2 1/4 in pipe, Top Speed Pro 1 muffler, 9lb Fidanza Flywheel, ACT clutch, Corksport SS clutch line, Corksport SS brake lines, Unorthadox UDP, 255 lph fuel pump, HEI mod, ghetto-charger intake, KL36 ECU, SRD transverse crossmember bushings, SRD shifter extention bushing, SRD crossmember, Corksport bronzoil shifter bushings, Brembo Crossdrilled and Slotted rotors, 15 inch Konig Heliums, ZX-2 S/R struts, Eibach lowering springs, OEM front strut bar, Ebay rear strut bar, BFGoodrich G-Force T/A KDWs

Parts needing installed: turbo kit from BB (if i ever get it), 9.0:1 CR Diamond pistons, 4340 forged H beam rods, C/J-Spec spoiler, Nissan red tops in KL rails
http://www.cardomain.com/id/blazejeremy
CrazieMX3

Post by CrazieMX3 »

THAT DRIVER sucks..nuff said.
-'97 Championshipwhite Civic Coupe (SOLD)
-'93 Red GS V6 CLEAN TITLE! (SOLD)
-'95 Silver Civic Hatchback (NEW BABE)
Juans_93_MX3

Post by Juans_93_MX3 »

Originally posted by Kokiriwave:
how is it possible for a turbo civic with a cold air intake, changed catback, turbo running at 11psi........to be neck and neck with my 92 mazda gs?????

He put around 7 grand into his car? WTF? he should be miles away before i put it into 1st gear??

i finally get why hondas get clowned on this board.
This post is somewhat similar to one I seen on www.dsmtalk.com
Some guy was talking about how some Civic beat his 97 GSX Eclipse and when he started to talk to the Civic driver, he said he dropped 7 grand (US) on his Civic to only get 240fwhp turbocharged.

<small>[ October 23, 2004, 08:23 PM: Message edited by: Juan's MX3 ]</small>
2008 Mazda 3
1993 MX3 GS
KLZE, Fidanza flywheel, KL31 CAMs, South Bend Stage I Clutch, Pacesetter STS, SS AutoChromes, Magnaflow muffler, 2.25' Exhaust, CAI, Blaster Coil HEI, KLDE Valvetrain, 5 Speed Swap

Return to “General Mazda”