I need a new muffler

Other - General Mazda Discussions
anvil82

I need a new muffler

Post by anvil82 »

Ok my car started to get loud, I looked at the muffler and the pipe that connects to it wasn't connected any more.<p>Image<p>Do I need a new muffler? The piece that was connected is rusted. If I buy this:<p>http://parts.overnightautoparts.com/parts/wizard.jsp?year=1993&make=MA&model=MX3--001&category=H&part=Muffler&usemake=&returnurl=catalog.overnightautoparts.com<p>will it contain all the parts that I need?<p>The current muffler was one from meineke and was replaced before I bought the car.<p>Thanks for anyone that can help me.
mx3TT
Supporting Member

Re: I need a new muffler

Post by mx3TT »

You can most likely just replace all the pipes. But if one part rusts out, believe me the others will soon follow. The same happened to me. Right before I did the swap the pipe rusted through and the exhaust was coming straight out of my cat. And that was after right behind the mufflers rusted out(just like yours) Just get a custom exhaust made. Gain some power(small amount) and have new pipes.
Chris

MY MX-3 PICTURES
MX-3.com's online store - SUPPORT MX-3.COM
Krist B.

Post by Krist B. »

i have a stock muffler with rear section for sale. it looks exactly like that pic and it's almost brand new. just few scratches when i removed and put it on the floor. i had it on my car only two days(only to pass car inspection).
email me with offer if u 're interested
kristb882hotmail.com :)
anvil82

Post by anvil82 »

<blockquote><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial">quote:</font><hr>Originally posted by mx3TT:
You can most likely just replace all the pipes. But if one part rusts out, believe me the others will soon follow. The same happened to me. Right before I did the swap the pipe rusted through and the exhaust was coming straight out of my cat. And that was after right behind the mufflers rusted out(just like yours) Just get a custom exhaust made. Gain some power(small amount) and have new pipes.<hr></blockquote><p>About how much will that cost? I'm a poor college student, so cost is a factor.<p>Kit996, your email doesn't work, I tried it with the @ before hotmail.com.
monty73741
Forum Moderator

Post by monty73741 »

mine rusted in the same spot.<p>i was driving down the beltway & the car got louder.......
i thought i broke it......LOL
either...go to a muffler show & have them weld on a new piece or just buy that rear section from another memeber.....
oh & saws all work well to remove the bolts
Jason Danaher
Please Help Support MX-3.com
MX-3.com Online Store - http://www.mx-3.com/osv3
CafePress - http://www.cafepress.com/mx3com
Krist B.

Post by Krist B. »

Return to “General Mazda”