engine swap in jersey/philly area

General Mazda MX-3 Discussions
rrances

engine swap in jersey/philly area

Post by rrances »

Disclaimer: I know barely anything about cars. The only work I have done on mine is to change plugs, wires, rotors, and the cap. I also installed an intake. Thats it.<P>My 92 GS is perfect inside and out - except for the dying K8. Its been sitting out in front of my house for several days now.<P>Does anyone in the Southern Jersey/Philly area know where I could go to get a competent engine swap to the ZE or DE done?<P>The cost of fixing my K8 may warrant an engine swap instead. The previous owner(s) drove that engine (170,000 miles) to the ground.<P>Thanks in advance.
Maddbuck

Re: engine swap in jersey/philly area

Post by Maddbuck »

Emex,<P>not sure if this place will help but I saw it on the Weather channel local forecast scroller. <A HREF="http://www.bwmotorworks.com/" TARGET=_blank>http://www.bwmotorworks.com/</A> <P>check them out or phone and find out. When I was thinking about the ZE I thought I'd try them and I may still do so if I need to replace the K8 hopefully well in the future.(touch wood)<P>let me know if it works out.
RayRay

Post by RayRay »

nice link, maddbuck. i live in new jersey too, not too far from that town. i'll definitly look into that place later on.
2005 Nissan 350z
1990 Mustang GT - [sold]
1992 Mx-3 GS - [sold]
Buff1110
Supporting Member

Post by Buff1110 »

yes more people from jersey<BR>theres a place in either new brunswick or east brunsick that gets the ze and the shop next to them will install.<BR>ill see if i can find the name and number<BR>Dan
Dan
92 Mx-3 Gs, KLZE Powered!! - SOLD!!!!
02 Tacoma TRD - Daily
93 Honda del Sol - New Project
Mradio

Post by Mradio »

For those of you interested in a shop who can do a 2.5 swap in Philly area let me know. I work in a performance shop and did my swap there. I can get you a good deal. If anyone is interested email me or send a private message.
Check out my ride and leave some feedback please!
http://www.cardomain.com/id/mradio007
RayRay

Post by RayRay »

My friend's '91 Mr2 Turbo is at BW Motorworks right now. He's getting his transaxle replaced. I talked to the guy who towed the car there, and he said that he tows all sorts of high powered imports there. He said its a good shop. We'll see.
2005 Nissan 350z
1990 Mustang GT - [sold]
1992 Mx-3 GS - [sold]
mazdaspeed002

Post by mazdaspeed002 »

The place you're thinking of in one of the brunswicks is SOEN. Go to soko.com and follow the links. If you order an engine from there TALK HIM DOWN. He tryed selling me my SR20DE nissan engine for 800 but i talked him down to $500 with free delivery since i'm in jersey(they deliver free to jersey). It was a extremley clean engine and it runs like a champ.....170PSI accross the board. You get a like 6 month warranty too i believe. If you want the number or cant find it email me and i can get it for ya. Good luck.

Return to “General Mazda MX-3”