Intake vacuum hose &/or pcv valve replacement

Other - General Mazda Discussions
Xelindrya

Intake vacuum hose &/or pcv valve replacement

Post by Xelindrya »

Here's the story, I got the intake checked. Yes there's a leak somewhere, no you can't find it with carberator spray, yes you can hear it though.<p>Ok guys..
Is it really as easy as yanking out the old vacuum hose without tools
nothing to unbolt secure or to be careful about. Just yank the
sucker out? Then slip in a new one with the same careless manner?<p>I'm just freaked out anything can be that simple?<p>PCV value replacement seems to make sense. Find, unscrew and
replace. <p>Any help would be GREATLY appreciated. I need my baby up and running
by friday.<p>-Ronie
93 MX-3 Zoomer<p> :(
Xellie
93 MX3 "Zoomer"
precidian

Re: Intake vacuum hose &/or pcv valve replacement

Post by precidian »

it is easy to replace the vacuum lines. Most of them you will be able to just pull off. If you can't pull it off, then all you need to do is cut it along the hose(length) where it is attached. that simple. Also when you do it..... replace one length of hose at a time until you have replaced them all. This is to make sure that you have everything hooked up the way it was originally.<p>cheers,
Tom S. - '94 MX-3 GS-X Sparkle Green

I say, Ahmed. What is that thing you do when you're about to assassinate an infidel?
mitmaks
antispam: ~SPAM*SUX~

Post by mitmaks »

Ive just replaced my PCV and was wondering if Im supposed to get more mpg? or its just go help out on emissions
Magnum s/s lines, strut bars, carbon fiber bezel, indiglow gauge, Sony Xplod, inverted c/f hood, SRD lower tie bar '93 GS SE '95 Cobra SVT #2722 '68 Charger R/T 440
http://www.cardomain.com/id/mitmaks
Xelindrya

Post by Xelindrya »

Ok, I feel like a fool.<p>Took my baby in and gave the whole song and dance about it. I mean i know my car better than anyone, period. Or so I thought. <p>The easiest solution I threw out based on the fact it happened so suddenly (overnight). But I was wrong. It was a simple thing.<p>Distributor Cap.<p>*sigh*<p>But my baby is up and running WHOOHOO!!! :cool:
Xellie
93 MX3 "Zoomer"

Return to “General Mazda”