Rotary???

Other - General Mazda Discussions
Golliwog

Rotary???

Post by Golliwog »

Ok - is it possible to swap in a rotary engine to a mx-3?<P>If it is possible, what would be required to do so? Has anyone done it? I have little to no knowlage about the internal workings of either types of engines, but if it's possible, I definitly want to try it (eventually hehehe, need some money first lol).
-Golli
Gabriel Sandoval

Re: Rotary???

Post by Gabriel Sandoval »

it can be done and it has been done. but your gonna need some serious cash (an estimate on how much, i have no clue) as youll probably need to change almost everything engine related to your mx-3.<BR>but hey if you ever come up with that kind of cash dont just change it for some normal rotary engine from a rx-7. get the tri-rotatry engine. i dont think the later has been done yet.
Babie I gots player in me
Golliwog

Post by Golliwog »

What are the advantages and disadvantages if someone doesn't mind?
-Golli
monty73741
Forum Moderator

Post by monty73741 »

i dont mean to bust you bubble but buy an rx-7.....<BR>if you want a rotory...or a new rx-8<P>you need every thing custom from ecu harness, engine, tranny rear drive shaft, rear end...new suspension, cusom dash or rewire guages, <BR>plus isnt a 1.3L rotory a technily a 4banger...wrong forum<P>jason
Jason Danaher
Please Help Support MX-3.com
MX-3.com Online Store - http://www.mx-3.com/osv3
CafePress - http://www.cafepress.com/mx3com
ProtegeSTS

Post by ProtegeSTS »

youre looking at a minimum of 12,000 dollars. Go buy yourself a 2nd gen RX-7 if you want a Rotary.
-93 MR2
#129 E-stock
OsoSlo z28

Post by OsoSlo z28 »

<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by playa:<BR><STRONG>get the tri-rotatry engine. i dont think the later has been done yet.</STRONG><HR></BLOCKQUOTE><P>marcus acosta has/had 3-rotor tt from the eunos cosmo.<P> <BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by monty73741:<BR><STRONG>a 1.3L rotory a technily a 4banger...wrong forum</STRONG><HR></BLOCKQUOTE><P>a 1.3L rotary is technically a 1.3L rotary.<P>but i agree with jesse(he's my hero<BR> :roll: ) if you want a rotary, get a rx7, i prefer the 3rd gen myself.<p>[ July 30, 2002: Message edited by: cre8v mx3 ]
Fast imports only come on two wheels.
"MR." Ashley Fowler
'02 Yamaha Warrior (1700cc)
'94 MX-3 RS-t (BPT)~ sold
cardomain pics
David Coleman

Post by David Coleman »

A rotary FWD has been done, by of course some crazy Aussie. However, in general rotaries have to be RWD. Which would by no stretch of the imagination be quite expensive, and out of the realm of the V6 performance forum. [img]shrug.gif"%20border="0[/img]
David Coleman
I used to know alot about MX-3's, but not so much anymore. Oh well.
oatmealman

Post by oatmealman »

I would have to agree with crev8 mx3.
HONDA'S SUCKS
mx3man83

Post by mx3man83 »

screw buying an rx-7!! If i had that much cash I would love to swap a TT rotary engine into an mx3!! The ultimate sleeper....People that really know their cars will see an rx-7 and know their roll and SHUT THEIR MOUTH...but someone sees an mx-3 and laughs...then the TT mx3 would put them in their place.....Just my opinion.
Combat kit, Spectra blue paint, shaved, Black ADR flite 4 17's/ Yokahama ES 100's, straight through 2.5 inch cat back exhaust, CAI, Straight neck IM KLZE, poly filled motor mounts, Kl48/ Eprom chip, black altezzas, Wet Zex 75 shot, Walbro 255 fuel pump, Cosmo AFPR, GS SE all black interior, RF 1kbd amp, RF 12 HE2's (2), US acoustics 4 channel amp
My Cardomain site
kuruption1983

Post by kuruption1983 »

dont forget a full doze of extacy,,,
that would definitely help you make that decision,,,
I also believe you're better off buying an RX7 and spending your money and build a crazy RX7 than the MX3 TT RWD idea ,,,,!!

Return to “General Mazda”