mazda aftermarket companies ripping us off?

Other - General Mazda Discussions
RiP401k

Re: mazda aftermarket companies ripping us off?

Post by RiP401k »

Aftermarket, whats that... there is no aftermarket for a simple fenderbender. I got in an accident, and took out the fender above the driver front side wheel, and the headlight unit assembly. So i needed at least those two item. There was not aftermarket for the likes and nothing for the fender, but to go through Mazda Corp.. I tell u it killed me For the two items were at least $700.00.<P>So i can say this much, if you own a MX-3, you need to have connections.
Manach

Post by Manach »

<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by RiP401k:<BR><STRONG>So i can say this much, if you own a MX-3, you need to have connections.</STRONG><HR></BLOCKQUOTE><P>Or money? :)
Manach
Ex Mx'er with a Mx-3 1993..

Still in the Mazda Familly with :
-Mazda Rx-7 1987 GXL (Not running, one housing does not compress)
-Mazda Protege MazdaSpeed 2003.5 Titanium!

Still got 3 Engines!
- B6-ZE : Turbo Festiva project (Waiting donor car)
- BP-DE : Trader for a B6-ZE 1994 for parts upgrade in the Festiva project
- K8 : For sell. Pm me for info!

Once you go turbo, you can never go back!
Sean Mandell

Post by Sean Mandell »

If you really think about it the mx-3 could be the perfomance deal of the century. The mx-3 looks totally different when lowerd. I lowered it 2 inch and the car looks and drives mean. Throw in a klze and you will demolish all new sportcompacts. $30,000cdn = type r integra or $15,000cdn = mx-3 v-tec killer. who cares about a fucken bodykit! maybe for civics that look like a pizza delivery guys dreamcars! the mx-3 was and still is a visually pleazing car. even 10 years from now the mx-3 will fit right in. Mazda makes beautiful cars and are passionate on making customers happy.
"A hero and a coward both feel fear but it is the hero who reacts first while the coward hides behind the hero"
fictionaldaydream

Post by fictionaldaydream »

<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial">quote:</font><HR> Mazda makes beautiful cars and are passionate on making customers happy <HR></BLOCKQUOTE><P>I know I saw a rx-7 fixed up and then when I was at the light it pulled up. Man was it beautiful. I would love to have one, but for now I am happy with my mx-3. That rx-7 was tight except for the huge exuast that could probably fit a normal size dog.
powerman_5000

Post by powerman_5000 »

Ecnomics sucks. I'm taking that course now and it blows.
macnwigs

Post by macnwigs »

hey mx3racer - I'm 30 and have a wife (2 kids as well) and I drive a '92 GS. Working on a custom interior as well.<P>Wife doesn't really appreciate, but she doesn't knock it so I'm good! :D
"A man is only as old as the woman he feels"
Groucho Marx (1895-1977)

"Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not sure about the former."
-Albert Einstein
Skiddy

Post by Skiddy »

<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial">quote:</font><HR> Ecnomics sucks. I'm taking that course now and it blows <HR></BLOCKQUOTE><P>Economics??? whats that exactly?? yea i remember taking my economics courses, but its not bad, its pretty much common sense if you think about it.
Skiddy
94' MX-3 RS Sparkle Green
Suspension Technique Springs
MS Style Nose
OEM Side Skirts
oatmealman

Post by oatmealman »

The reason aftermarket parts are so expensive is because they quite making mx-3 in 94. :D
HONDA'S SUCKS
polak_gino

Post by polak_gino »

werent the discontinued in '96 not '94
> Toronto MX-3 Club
> My Car Audio Install
> ProMazda.com

Metalic Green '92 GS 5-Speed
kuruption1983

Post by kuruption1983 »

<blockquote><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial">quote:</font><hr> The reason aftermarket parts are so expensive is because they quite making mx-3 in 94. <hr></blockquote>
First off they were discontinued in 96 in US and CANADA and secondly 240SXs were also discontinued,,, why are they soo cheap and sales for mx3s were higher than 240SXs or even 300ZXs, and also it makes economic sense on buying an MX3 since its cheap and it has pretty balanced power, you dont get a twinturbo engine, but still, you get a pretty powerfull car (compared to others in its class) for the price you pay, even better compared to civics,,
and actually civics are more expensive in toronto than MX3s which amazes me,,,<p>And the other thing is i looked into other cars for the past month or soo, and my next project and winter car would definitely be either a cheap RSX or an integra (what i was going to buy originally),,,,
They are amazing looking, turbo capable and they have amazing bodykits for alot cheaper than what we have ,the purchase price is fairly the same,,,<p>who cares if everyone has tegras or civics, they suck $#it but if you make a sick looking one, it would definitely be unique,,,, :D :D (this was for curt,, :D )
your2slow

Post by your2slow »

Yup 96 was the last year made in US and Canada but 98 was the last year they made it in Japan. At least that what i heard.
KL-ZE, Custom Intake, Apex Lowering Springs, and more to come this year.

Toronto Mx-3 Club
My Cardomain Site
loudsubz

Post by loudsubz »

<blockquote><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial">quote:</font><hr>Originally posted by kuruption1983:

you get a pretty powerfull car (compared to others in its class) for the price you pay, even better compared to civics,,
and actually civics are more expensive in toronto than MX3s which amazes me,,,<p>
<hr></blockquote><p>Hmm, I have to disagree. When I compare civics to mx-3 in the autotrader, most mx-3 of the same year are alot more expensive.<p>Ive seen a few 1992 mx-3 for u[pwards of $6000 and 92 civics for 4-5.<p>But that was a year ago.
Shades

Post by Shades »

What they did was take the most popular car and made aftermarket parts for it... cause it's so popular they can charge an arm and a leg for it...<p>Like many have said before... economics...
JoN - Ex-Automotive Machinist Journeyman/Refrigeration Mechanic Apprentice
1996 Mazda MX-3 RS - Creek Blue Mica

RACING BP fully built with Twin Scroll GT3071R TURBO @ +30psi - Specs and Pictures

"Do it ONCE, do it RIGHT!"

Post by Guest »

OK boys and girls this isnt a hard concept to grasp, I'm sure its already been explained in this thread. <p>Why do people fix up civics, neons, sunfires and so on. Because they are cheap affordable cars. Therefore you have millions of kids with those cars, which creates a huge market for after market parts for those particular cars, which means you have alot of companies competing with each other for the sales which leads to competative pricing, and on top of that there is so much demand companies can afford cheaper prices.<p>And on the the other end of the spectrum you have cars like mazdas and nissans which arent as popular among the masses. So companies cant sell enough product at low prices to cover manufacturing cost and make a worth while profit, so they have to inflate the price to equal it out.
NateDog

Post by NateDog »

i cant complain about prices..... a new import proformance shop oppened up in lansing mich. i stopped up there and they told me that if i wanted a Civic or Integra front end they will mold it onto my bumper.i was thinking of getting the Cali. Type R front end from Andys Auto Sport and have them mold it onto my front bumper. i would keep my headlights and turns. it would look pimp.

Return to “General Mazda”