prm intake

Other - General Mazda Discussions
fernando

prm intake

Post by fernando »

does any body have a prm intake ,let me know how that works i am trying to get one thanks.
Custommx3
Site Administrator
antispam: ~SPAM*SUX~

Re: prm intake

Post by Custommx3 »

I took my PRM off to put it on my GS. I noticed my cone filter makes my car run better. It helped reduce that rough idling I had and also seemed a lil more " perkier"
REKING

Post by REKING »

I GOT ONE.ITS A GREAT INVESTMENT TO BUY ONE FOR YOUR CAR. ITS GAIN ME SOME HORSEPOWER AND THE CAR SEEMS HAPPY OVER 50MPH .
92'MX-3 V6* SHE MY BLUE BABY.
Custommx3
Site Administrator

Post by Custommx3 »

Have youe ever had a different intake besides your PRM?
REKING

Post by REKING »

No , it was factory before I got the PRM. I forced the induction throw the lower part of the bumper and the kit only came with 2.5 inch hose , inclosed filter and a chrome pipe. My friends custom made the rest.
Custommx3
Site Administrator

Post by Custommx3 »

I liked my PRM as well. I took it off and put my cone back on. I get better results from just a cone because its less restrictive. My PRM sounds better. But my cone filter acutally works better.<BR>Anyone else done this?
REKING

Post by REKING »

Berry, How do you know it works better , have you dino tested it doing it both ways? You and your car are going to carlisle!? I will be there we will have to talk cars together. My car will be glad to meet you. Rona :)
Custommx3
Site Administrator

Post by Custommx3 »

I cant say 1 is better than the other. In a <BR>way they are the same thing. The PRM is nothing more than sillicon leading to a small cone filter that has a covering a round it, forcing it to draw air from a pipping thats leading where ever you point it. Now, I have a Tenzo-R cone filter thats much bigger than the PRM one. and no ducting leading it to anywhere. I know its drawing in hot air from the engine, but at higher speeds it pulls it from the wind and the stock air ducting. If I were to make some object that will cover this filter and duct it to the, lets say fender well, i could get better results due to the less restrictive cone. My filter is pretty much a K&N cone. I use the K&N filtercharger kit to clean it, So does the PRM. I'm not downing the PRM by any means, I have both and the PRM will be going on mt GS. But my personal results prove to me that the PRM is more reastrictive than a larger cone filter. The sound a PRM makes will be different, due to the acoustics of how its drawing air into the tube. I dont have that on my cone filter, so it will sound less "mean". I can honestly say, a cone filter on a dyno, if had ducting run, will probably do better than a PRM, but thats theory. Most of your intakes on all cars are nothing more than an adapter piping and a cone filter. I paid 15 bucks for my cone filter at a local shop. I dont see a notice able increase by swapping on the PRM myself. This is my personal experience with it, yours may be different. <P>I will be @ Carlisle this year. I am not driving though. 20 hours is a little far for me. Having to be back on monday for work, I have to fly in. Luckily, I will be working when Im there, so my company is paying for my flights and a nights hotel. Everyone will get to meet me, but as far as my MX's, maybe some other time. Dont expect some lights to be trailling from my body or anything, Im just another mxer, noone special.<P>BTW , its bArry, not bErry :) - Im not fruit in any way. :D<p>[ April 02, 2002: Message edited by: Custommx3 ]
REKING

Post by REKING »

Sorry about your name, I did not mean to spell it like that. Why are you being cockey towards me and why are you being so full of your self? This is my very first show and I don't know ANYBODY I am trying to make some new friends who have mx-3s and can help me with my car.I'm confused ? :confused:
canadian_ice

Post by canadian_ice »

Hey R-KING, how was Barry being cocky? I don't get it. I'm sure it's just a misunderstanding on your part.
fernando

Post by fernando »

BARRY CAN YOU TELL ME WHERE IS CARLISLE AND WHAT'S GOING ON IN THERE IS A CAR SHOW ? <BR>MAYBE GET TO GO.THANKS .
Custommx3
Site Administrator

Post by Custommx3 »

<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by R-KING:<BR><STRONG>Sorry about your name, I did not mean to spell it like that. Why are you being cockey towards me and why are you being so full of your self? This is my very first show and I don't know ANYBODY I am trying to make some new friends who have mx-3s and can help me with my car.I'm confused ? :confused:</STRONG><HR></BLOCKQUOTE><P>Please by all means explain.. Im not understanding how your misunderstanding me.. <P>I am not biased nor conceited toward anyone.<BR>Please dont take me as a cocky person. Im just here to admin and answer any <BR>questions I can
Custommx3
Site Administrator

Post by Custommx3 »

Carisle is in Penn. Its may 3-5th @ the Carlisle fairgrounds.<BR><A HREF="http://www.carlisleproductions.com" TARGET=_blank>web page</A><p>[ April 02, 2002: Message edited by: Custommx3 ]
heatherc

Post by heatherc »

OMG----> barry is the sweetest guy on here i know...he if very insightful and helpful in any way u might need....he has helped me ALOT..conceited is not somthing i would dare to even call him..if i were single i would snatch him up.....(his rides are sweet too) :eek:
-----------------------------------<BR>_/*\_ ¸.·¤**¤·.,¸,.·¤**¤·.<BR>\ M׳/¸.·¤**¤ müÇh LØVê †Ø M¥ m×鮊<BR>/.·*·.\¸.·¤**¤·.,¸,.·¤**¤<BR>-----------------------------------
Custommx3
Site Administrator

Post by Custommx3 »

<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by heatherc:<BR><STRONG>OMG----> barry is the sweetest guy on here i know...he if very insightful and helpful in any way u might need....he has helped me ALOT..conceited is not somthing i would dare to even call him..if i were single i would snatch him up.....(his rides are sweet too) :)

Return to “General Mazda”