Interchangeable parts

Other - General Mazda Discussions
mendel00985

Interchangeable parts

Post by mendel00985 »

Since discovering that there are many interchangeable parts w/ our MX's and the Protege,323,Kia Sephia, and Kia Sportage,I've wondered if anyone had access to a catalog listing the applications of parts; for example, the front wheel bearing on the MX-3 is interchangeable w/ the frt. brng. for the aforementioned cars. I hope taht I'm making myself clear as to what my request is. Manny
fieval79
Supporting Member

Re: Interchangeable parts

Post by fieval79 »

I'd like to know whether or not lowering springs/coilover's would fit our cars from like a protege.........i found some for a protege for $109.............sure would be nice
mendel00985

Post by mendel00985 »

Yes the springs will fit; I installed the springs that were left over from a '91 Protege I had and they're a sure fit.Now I wish that I had kept the whole Rod Millen setup that I had installed on the Protege!<p>[This message has been edited by mendel00985 (edited July 28, 2001).]

Post by Guest »

I was reading a post about a guy who put 2001 Miata Headlights on his Mx-3. It says it was a direct fit? Is this forreals? Has anyone tried this? Im still a little skeptical about that, But it would look Stylin though,
fieval79
Supporting Member

Post by fieval79 »

I was wondering about those headlights myself. I was looking at them last night as a matter of fact at the dealership. They seem to be a little bit to skinny (not as fat as ours). but I think they would work perfectly.....
93mx3

Post by 93mx3 »

Hey i posted a while back about this. After sitting at a mazda dealership for two days of 8 hours each( i had defective Toyo tires Image and they were replacing but they had to wait for the truck to bring them),I noticed that Miata headlights were quite similar to ours and was curious about a swap. They even make the phantom lights with the hella solid beams. i would like to know how close of a fit it would be.<BR>Jim<BR>93 RS

Post by Guest »

I saw it today on Yahoo. there s a club under mx-3. Its not the same as the Mx-3.com bulletin board. A new guy wrote and said that he had done it and that it gave him three lights to have. He also put a J spec from Corksport into his 4cly mx and that he had to change Everything! I d like to try getting some headlights like that but I bet they are like $350 and higher from Mazda, and its a little hard to find in a salvage yard at the point, But I m Quite sure I can still breathe with out doing it, But that would be like WOW! Image
Alberto

Post by Alberto »

Hey Manny, when you get to know about a good performance part from other car that fit the mx please let me know! I know all those engines have a lot in common!<BR>
Alberto<BR>1993 Mx-3 1.6l Se<BR>Brilliant Black!

Return to “General Mazda”