Help out a noobie...

4-Cyl. Technical/Performance Discussions
luke_mx3

Help out a noobie...

Post by luke_mx3 »

I just bought a 95 4 cyl. mx3 and I don't really know anything about cars so what mods could I do to increase my cars performance? I'm only 16 so I don't have a big budget so I need some pretty cheap ones but I want them to make a difference. Another thing is what's the coolest body kit out there and where can I get them cheap?
Thanks for the input.
Luke
OsoSlo z28

Re: Help out a noobie...

Post by OsoSlo z28 »

don't take this the wrong way, but you're car is slow. if you're on a tight budget, it will stay slow. there's not a lot out there that's going to make it much better w/o putting some money in it. if you're into the whole bodykit thing, i'd go that route. if you're looking for performance, start saving. you'll hear the the whole "intake and exhaust", but it doesn't really make the car that much faster. looks purdy and sounds nice(sometimes), but that's about it. the mx3 is a great platform to build on, but it doesn't come cheap.

by the way, welcome to the board.

<small>[ December 22, 2004, 10:34 PM: Message edited by: OsoSlo z28 ]</small>
Fast imports only come on two wheels.
"MR." Ashley Fowler
'02 Yamaha Warrior (1700cc)
'94 MX-3 RS-t (BPT)~ sold
cardomain pics
Ateana

Post by Ateana »

yeah start saving for a bpt engine... dont go the body kit route. if this is your daily driver i would go for alarm and stereo first. and put money away till you have the dough to go on a spree. and always remember with your upgrades that somethings may conflict with the next. do subtle things that wontbe waste of cash if your gonna get a new engine.. rims suspension. pretty safe start. short shifter. some interior customs. but anyone who has an rs will say the same thing: PLAN where you wanna go with the car.. if your gonna get a new engine dont get an intake or things that wont go on the next upgrade. and Enjoy your mazda. its one hell of a fun car. Welcome to the club.
Management is not responsible for lost or stolen virginities.

White 94 Mx-3 BP
Black 93 Mx-3 Kl-De
93SOHC

Post by 93SOHC »

I have a 93rs and I would have to agree with everyone so far. Only get stuff that will transfer over if you're doing a swap. I had exhaust done, but it didn't make to big a difference. I also have an intake and a few various items waiting to be put on. It depends on if you want a fast car, a good looking car or both. Personally my rule of thumb is performance, then style. I know its hard to save your cash and not just buy a bunch of little useless stuff like a neon shift knob and apc stickers, but trust me it'll be worth the wait. Congratulations on becoming a MX-3 owner and welcome to the forum, you'll like it here, everyone is really helpful
93SE-KLDE Theres a big peice of metal inside my other peice of metal now...weird???
johnboi85

Post by johnboi85 »

i agree with everyone. the mx-3 is a fun car but if not something that has a lot of get go. i would take their advice and start saving. i'm currently doing a bp swap and it's costing me about 500.00. since you have a 95 i would just keep saving. welcome to the board.

-john
bp mx-3
luke_mx3

Post by luke_mx3 »

Thanks for all the advice. It looks like I'll just start saving then. How much would you guys estimate a bp swap would cost total? Is bp the best out there or what?
Luke

Return to “4-Cyl. Technical/Performance”