Irratic Idle!!!!!!

4-Cyl. Technical/Performance Discussions
93SOHC

Irratic Idle!!!!!!

Post by 93SOHC »

I started my Mx a minute ago and it was idling high as usual. It's like 10 degrees F here so I was letting it warm up and all of a sudden the idle started going up and down between 2000 and 3000. after a while it went down almost to normal. Is this common and normal or do I have a big problem. I'm going to go run it through a carwash and i'll check back here...
93SE-KLDE Theres a big peice of metal inside my other peice of metal now...weird???
LongJohn

Re: Irratic Idle!!!!!!

Post by LongJohn »

Right before I pulled my SOHC, I overheated, and it was doing that. It might mean your ECU is having trouble reading the thermal sensor. This is a wild guess. I would suggest checking your trouble codes to see if anything got logged.
Tric

Post by Tric »

Mine did that at normal idle it would speed up and down around 1000rpm when I had the problem. It was because I had low compression in my one cylinder!! Ummm could be lots of things though!!
dr. gonzo

Post by dr. gonzo »

check your coolant. i ahd the same trouble recently....fresh colant seems to work nicely
some peoples kids.
dr. gonzo

Post by dr. gonzo »

assuming i can spell?!?
some peoples kids.
93SOHC

Post by 93SOHC »

well it only did it that one time, so im gonna call it a fluke. Coolants all good, just changed it 8000 miles ago along with the thermostat. It has been fine since, but im going to try to pull some codes next week when its not 5 below zero outside. Thanks again guys
93SE-KLDE Theres a big peice of metal inside my other peice of metal now...weird???

Return to “4-Cyl. Technical/Performance”