help my mx live!

4-Cyl. Technical/Performance Discussions
xXdaveXx

help my mx live!

Post by xXdaveXx »

well when i bought the car, the guy said that he actually fried out the engine it was a k8, so then he couldnt find a k8 again and put in a b6(sohc)... now its been like 3 years since then and i really want a fast car.. and well the sohc engine is really far from that, now i really have read all the threads and guides about the bp or bpt... but im still not sure what to do!, i mean if the guy put a sohc on a GS i can put back a k8.. or a klze haha

honestly i dont know much about cars .. im just 18 and im just trying to find a way to make my car faster.. like i cant even go to the race track :)
Joe Carlson

Re: help my mx live!

Post by Joe Carlson »

I've done the bp swap, three times now, and it is a very simple swap to do, and a big power increase, now as far as the other swaps, i've never done them, so i can't help ya there. Joe
92 MX-3 1.8L DOHC BP, 17" Konig wheels, 2.5 exuast, custom CAI, inverted style carbon fiber hood, GT-Combat body kit.
Joey's mx

Post by Joey's mx »

I have swapped the klze in from a 4cyl....If you want to do that you need time and money and hopefully a wrecked gs close by!! You will need the engine, K8 wiring harness, k8/kl ECU, k8 drive shafts, k8/kl tranny, gs craddle, k8/klze mounts, you will need to extend a couple of the plugs on the wirring harness, And make sure you get the KLZE with the bent intake manifold not the strait one because you will not be able to use the strait manifold because it will be too close to the master cylinder..could use the k8 if cant get bent kl manifold!!! Oh yes you will also need the down pipes and collector of the K8/KL....Dont know about the BPT never done that!!! If i remember anything else you need to do i will post it!! Let me know what you dicide!! Good luck
Joey's mx

Post by Joey's mx »

I f you want to ask more e-mail me or add me to MSN RIDE4LIFE_32@HOTMAIL.COM
xXdaveXx

Post by xXdaveXx »

thx Taillon for the info you gave me i really apreciate it, now i need someone with experience on swaping sohc for bp... :)

Return to “4-Cyl. Technical/Performance”