unlock steering column??

4-Cyl. Technical/Performance Discussions
Domnknpimp

unlock steering column??

Post by Domnknpimp »

Does any body know the easiest way to unlock the steering column?? I know some hondas have a button that you just press it and its unlocked (so they say)... is there any way to temporarily unlock the steering column on the Mx without breaking it?
93SOHC

Re: unlock steering column??

Post by 93SOHC »

Just put the key in and jiggle the wheel back and fourth while turning the key. Mine does it all the time
93SE-KLDE Theres a big peice of metal inside my other peice of metal now...weird???
Coykiam

Post by Coykiam »

Originally posted by 93SOHC:
Just put the key in and jiggle the wheel back and fourth while turning the key. Mine does it all the time
exactly what i do to.....and to lock it just turn the steering wheel till you hear a click without the key in the ignition.
Domnknpimp

Post by Domnknpimp »

no no .... see what happened is that I have a bad habit of keeping my car keys and my house keys separate.... and i the car keys fell in my girlfriends car.... DIdn['t notice untill this morning when i couldn't find the keys. she will be here tomorrow afternoon, but i was hoping i could unlock the column before that, to at least push the car out of the way (blocking another car). To make things better, I just had a spare made, and its still in the same keychain, so she has both my keys.... what a way to control me huh?

Return to “4-Cyl. Technical/Performance”