power window

4-Cyl. Technical/Performance Discussions
vtmx3

power window

Post by vtmx3 »

I have a 1995 mx-3 with power windows, the drivers side window goes up fast and then slows down. Sometimes it doesnt go all the way up at all. I took the door card off and greased the s**t out of the track and rail. Checked the motor and the switch they are fine. Heres the strange thing the window goes up really fast if its raining out, or if I just whent trough the car wash. Whats the deal?

thanks for any help I get on this one. :shrug:
Grants
BANNED Member

Re: power window

Post by Grants »

Still sounds like an issue with the rails, etc, especially considering the rain bit.

Can you slide the window up to where it stops and carefully check if there is tension on the glass? Maybe you can carfully wiggle the glass when it is stuck and see if you can identify where it is catching. Also check if you can that it is going up square. Good luck.
“You’ll find, that the only thing you can do easily is be wrong, and that’s hardly worth the effort.”
vtmx3

Post by vtmx3 »

thanks man I'll take a look at that.
johnboi85

Post by johnboi85 »

that's the same exact problem i have. when it's almost to the top it starts to slow down. check to see if those rubber molding around your window is warped. those rubber molding is to make sure rain doesn't get into the car. it's probably warped like mine making it bind the window. i tested this by shooting some wd 40 where it's binding and now it slides faster. only do this to check if its binding somewhere around the molding. don't do this to fix the problem. i went to mazda to get an estimate for the window molding and i was quoted a total of 140 for both. hope that helps
bp mx-3
mxmaz

Post by mxmaz »

I have a similar problem with my windows. I tried using wd-40 on the rubber moulding and it used to only last a day or two before it needed another shot. So i picked up some silicon spray and it keeps the window rolling up and down like new for months at a time.

<small>[ November 21, 2004, 07:28 PM: Message edited by: mxmaz ]</small>
vtmx3

Post by vtmx3 »

hey thanks guy's, now I know I'm not the only on e with this problem. I'll see about the mouldings maybe there's something I'm just not finding.

Thanks Eldon,

Return to “4-Cyl. Technical/Performance”