Raising the BS flag on IMSA

General Mazda MX-3 Discussions
DJPRO

Raising the BS flag on IMSA

Post by DJPRO »

I was excited like a lot of us when the altezzas first came out. I immediately purchase a set in the first group buy.<P>As months went by I notice, through this forum, the website of IMSA. Looking at it, I notice the altezzas had clear turning signals when I click on <BR><B>" MX-3 ALTEZZA ARE NOW IN STOCK!!"</B> and once again the excitement came back. But when I click on MX3 Precidia I saw the first pictures of altezzas on a MX with the amber lights. <BR>With this in mind, I ordered a set and asked for the clear signals. They replied by giving the amount owed for the set. I paid them by using paypal and put the description for a set of clear turning signal altezzas. <BR>Finally, UPS came to the door and handed over the package. Opened the package and there they were, I set of AMBER altezzas. Thinking it was a mistake, I wrote to Rick of IMSA for an exchange. This what he wrote,<P><BR>We never mentioned that this is an option. The amber ones are the only ones we have and the reason for this is because the clear lighted ones are not legal.<BR> <BR>The law demands for an orange or red turn signal. The authorities around the world are cracking down, hard, on all import performance parts and we are obliged to obey the laws. I am very sorry for this, but there is not much we can do to help the situation.<BR> <BR>The picture you see on our website is only a sample of the first style MX3 lamps we had, but that picture will be removed shortly. We had no intentions in misleading you. Please accept our apology.<BR> <BR>Rick<BR>Customer Service<BR>sales@imsa-group.com <A HREF="http://www.imsa-group.com" TARGET=_blank>www.imsa-group.com</A> <P><BR>Just about every sentence Rick wrote back is BS. First of all, just buy having the picture on the site is considered "mentioned it" unless otherwise stated. Second, having clear signals is legal but as long they produce red or amber light when they are on. And third, they DID mislead me. <P>So today I'm going to raise the BS flag on IMSA Image <P>later,<BR>Dee.
'92 MIATA
'93 MX-3 BPT
'08 CX-9 AWD GRAND TOURING
HRO

Re: Raising the BS flag on IMSA

Post by HRO »

That really sucks, and the website is very misleading. I really wanted a set with the clear signals.
My Cardomain Site<p>Image<p> FBSS Air suspension, 12 gallon tank, viair 450 comp
marshmallow15

Post by marshmallow15 »

thats too bad. just think of it this way...your loss of money is a gain for the mx3 community. we learn from our mistakes. <P>well you didnt actually make a mistake, but we learn from experiences. the least they can do is give you a refund. haha "not much we can do in this situation"....they can give you a refund! report them to the better business bureau.
http://boostedboogie.notanorg.org
- team slideways
92' mazda mx-3 (parting out), 03' bmw 325i, 03' bmw 530i (traded for 325), red FD3S (sold), 2005 cateyes carbon fiber bike
LiL-LaW

Post by LiL-LaW »

Heh well if you don't send em back I wouldn't mind buying a set if the price is right :D
Andrew_Pakula

Post by Andrew_Pakula »

I think that is bull---- because I know of some people who have already gotten the clear ones from ISMA. I even saw a pair up close last night at the Toronto MX-3 meet.<P>However perhaps they can't get any more of them. It might have only been a limited batch they received themselves. I know Oscar was saying Pakfeifer can't get any of the clear ones and they can only get the amber ones.<P>(language please)<p>[ October 07, 2002: Message edited by: Custommx3 ]
DJPRO

Post by DJPRO »

I'll be losing if I return them with the shipping and handing charges and I ready promised someone for the set. As far as complaining, they are a Canadian company so I can't cause much damage here in the U.S. I just had to say something about this so it won't happen to someone else.<P>later,<BR>Dee.
'92 MIATA
'93 MX-3 BPT
Palofpits

Post by Palofpits »

Cheese with your whine?<BR> :p
Andrew_Pakula

Post by Andrew_Pakula »

I never knew ISMA was Canadian.
mazda

Post by mazda »

i hope its all red rather than orange amber lights
chill out

Post by Guest »

has anyone considered opening up there altezzas and taking or braking out the amber lense, i dont see why that wouldnt work if your very carfel, personally its to risky for me but for you guys that want em so bad why dont ya give it a try?
DJPRO

Post by DJPRO »

No cheese thanx, but a nice a-- kicking from a kid from Maine would be nice. :D
'92 MIATA
'93 MX-3 BPT
DVH

Post by DVH »

<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by sureshiit:<BR><STRONG>has anyone considered opening up there altezzas and taking or braking out the amber lense, i dont see why that wouldnt work if your very carfel, personally its to risky for me but for you guys that want em so bad why dont ya give it a try?</STRONG><HR></BLOCKQUOTE><P>Kruption1983 has done this already, looks good<P> [img]shrug.gif"%20border="0[/img]
Derek Van Horne MX-3.com Member # 33
94 MX-3 Silver Stone Metallic CAR is SOLD
Car Domain Web page MX-3
Car Domain Web page SRT-4
Palofpits

Post by Palofpits »

jeezus man, I was just kiddin' :D
Custommx3
Site Administrator
antispam: ~SPAM*SUX~

Post by Custommx3 »

Thread is getting redicuous, topic closed.

Return to “General Mazda MX-3”