turbo manifold $$$?

4-Cyl. Technical/Performance Discussions
Domnknpimp

turbo manifold $$$?

Post by Domnknpimp »

okay, i'm tired of looking, and can now agree that no one makes turbo manifolds for the 1.6 sohc (except racing mazda). Does anyone know how much I should expect to pay to have one custom built? Is there ANY car out there that has a manifold that would interchange???( sorry i had to ask)
thanks
Ma-Ze

Re: turbo manifold $$$?

Post by Ma-Ze »

just call racing mazda
92 MX-3 RS,
Racing Mazda turbo kit. 451 WHP @ 25 psi
12.1 @ 117 mph w/318whp
http://www.cardomain.com/memberpage/652555
Gro Harlem

Post by Gro Harlem »

expect to pay at least 500 to have one made....and thats a really low estimate...probably more like 700
Noble Green Metallic 93' GS Hybrid, 91' 1.8 323
DONATE TO MX-3.COM
BuGS

Post by BuGS »

You can make your own for little $ if you can weld. JGS Precision Turbo Has all of the manifold stuff that you would need. Also a lot of the Oil lines and other stuff. Or you can go from scratch. Racing Mazda is just a simple one that can be made farely easy. I was talking with my friend who welds and is a machanic and he said " Those manifolds are easy to build. $75 in supllies and some welding and i could make you one with just as good flow." I however am getting a BP engine then turboing that down the line. Racing Mazda has done a lot of research on their manifold thou...
OsoSlo z28

Post by OsoSlo z28 »

Originally posted by Alex V.:
okay, i'm tired of looking

Is there ANY car out there that has a manifold that would interchange???
if you get one made, just get a log style manifold. granted they aren't as pretty, but they work good enough for what you need, and cost a lot less.

<small>[ November 01, 2004, 06:40 PM: Message edited by: OsoSlo z28 ]</small>
Fast imports only come on two wheels.
"MR." Ashley Fowler
'02 Yamaha Warrior (1700cc)
'94 MX-3 RS-t (BPT)~ sold
cardomain pics
Yoda

Post by Yoda »

If you have a McMaster-Carr catalog and have the equipment to cut the two necessary flanges and can weld I've made a turbo manifold for the SOHC for about US$80 in materials. Unfortunately if you have to pay someone to do it for you. You would be looking at 5 to 8 hours labor on top of that.
Domnknpimp

Post by Domnknpimp »

Originally posted by OsoSlo z28:
Originally posted by Alex V.:
okay, i'm tired of looking

Is there ANY car out there that has a manifold that would interchange???
you must not have looked very hard, i did a search for "sohc turbo manifold" and came up with a few topics that gave you options.

the b6t manifold will fit the sohc. if you get one made, just get a log style manifold. granted they aren't as pretty, but they work good enough for what you need, and cost a lot less.
will it really? I always thought it would fit the DOHC. thats good news then, i'll be boosting at the end of the month :-D
OsoSlo z28

Post by OsoSlo z28 »

i apologize, it seems as my memory served me incorrectly. you were right in thinking the b6t only fit dohc, as the bolt patterns are different.
Fast imports only come on two wheels.
"MR." Ashley Fowler
'02 Yamaha Warrior (1700cc)
'94 MX-3 RS-t (BPT)~ sold
cardomain pics
Domnknpimp

Post by Domnknpimp »

does anyone know if the exhaust ports will match up from the DOHC and the SOHC? if the ports match up, but the bolt pattern is different, i can still work w/ it ( a lot cheaper to get the holes made then it is to have the whole manifold made)
foxhound

Post by foxhound »

Very very close but not exactly the same. Nothing a little bit of porting wont fix. My plan was to find a log style 1.6L turbo manifold and drill new bolt holes or elongate them to fit my sohc. Test fit the turbo everything first for clearence issues first.

Return to “4-Cyl. Technical/Performance”