94 GS intake

General Mazda MX-3 Discussions
pizzamr2

94 GS intake

Post by pizzamr2 »

Say i'm useing the oem tube from the throttle body to the afm, and from there, i just add a cone filter.<BR>Now, that touches the coolant box,<BR>would the heat from the filter be hot enough to burrn a hole in that coolant box?<P>I'm doing this mod tommarrow, and right now it's touching...<BR>should i hold off and do something else, or would it be fine?<P>I was thinking instead of using a cone filter, use a HKS "mushroom" one<P>what do u think<BR>and also, pictures would help!<BR>=)<P>as i'm a newbie to mx3
dam2009

Re: 94 GS intake

Post by dam2009 »

It won't melt. if you feel like it you may move the reserviour on the other side, and I wouldn't go with the HKS the real one cost around $300CDN not worth it on stock exhaust.
cashmoneyspeed

Re: 94 GS intake

Post by cashmoneyspeed »

I currently have the same setup you do. Trust me, it won't melt. I got the cone filter to stop contacting the overflow bottle by loosening the clamp on the resonator right after the sensor and playing with it a little bit.
SOLD - 93 GS Custom intake, exhaust, phenolic spacers, port matching, front upper strut bar, 17" wheels, dragon body graphics, black/white interior, sound system, tints, altezza tails & 3rd brake altezza, g-force front

'94 Caprice - rolling fast and low on 20's along with some custom goodies

'86 Regal - Hydraulics, custom wheels, custom paint, shaved, phantom top, leather, power, and lots of chrome

'92 - New import project in the works, should be out in '09

Return to “General Mazda MX-3”