Swueaking from rear

General Mazda MX-3 Discussions
cashmoneyspeed

Swueaking from rear

Post by cashmoneyspeed »

When ever i go over bumps and sometimes when turning, there is a squeaking from the rear of the car. I tryed removing trim pieces, spare tire, sub box, etc...but the noise is still there. Just wondering if anyone else has had this problem.
SOLD - 93 GS Custom intake, exhaust, phenolic spacers, port matching, front upper strut bar, 17" wheels, dragon body graphics, black/white interior, sound system, tints, altezza tails & 3rd brake altezza, g-force front

'94 Caprice - rolling fast and low on 20's along with some custom goodies

'86 Regal - Hydraulics, custom wheels, custom paint, shaved, phantom top, leather, power, and lots of chrome

'92 - New import project in the works, should be out in '09
spiral

Re: Swueaking from rear

Post by spiral »

i have the same problem, my guess is, its the trunk door that is making the noise.<BR>but i dont know what to do about it.<BR>if you find a solution please email me<BR> :confused:
rrances

Post by rrances »

I had an unbelievably inccessant and annoying squeak as well.<P>My former mechanic told me he was incrediblely good at finding and getting rid of squeaks/rattles. For about 1/2 an hour, he drove the car around with another mechanic in the rear seats looking for the squeak. The result - a damaged interior where they pulled out the plastic looking for the squeak. Squeak was still there.<P>I was so pissed. I just lifted the hatch, looked straight down at the hatch locking mechanism and sprayed WD-40 inside it. That was over a year ago. Not one squeak since.<P>Hope that helps.
Sonicxtacy02

Post by Sonicxtacy02 »

open the hatch. Take some electric tape and wrap it around the hook that locks the hatch down. Go around it a few times so that the lock goes snug into the fitting. The metal to metal contact isnt too snug so it squeaks when you hit bumps. That should help it ;)
Shaun Newman
SOLD 1994 Blaze Red GS/ SOLD 1994 Chaste White GS-R
Xero

Post by Xero »

I did what Sonic and Emex did, and I haven't heard a squeak since. It's most likely the hatch latch mechanism. (Say that 10 times)<P>T
-Only Two things are infinite, the universe, and human stupidity; and I am unsure of the former. -Albert Einstein
Palofpits

Post by Palofpits »

My hatch kept loosening and squeeking there too.<BR>I took the latch off and slotted the bolt holes and moved the latch downward so it would fit tighter.<BR>It even pops better with the release.<BR>These are old cars we're dealing with the rubber seals collapse some and stuff starts fitting looser.<BR>I replaced the driver's door rubber seal the other day with a new one from Mazda and now I have to make sure the door is shut because it fits so much tighter.
Tman

Post by Tman »

Palofpits...how much they charge you for the new seals? I was thinking about getting some if i fix my car.
R.I.P. September 25th @ 2:55 p.m. - 93 Mx-3 RS :-(
cashmoneyspeed

Post by cashmoneyspeed »

well i taped over the hook for the hatch and sprayed some silicone lubricant down there. I'll see if it worked on the way to work tomorrow. How much did you pay for the driver door weather seal?
SOLD - 93 GS Custom intake, exhaust, phenolic spacers, port matching, front upper strut bar, 17" wheels, dragon body graphics, black/white interior, sound system, tints, altezza tails & 3rd brake altezza, g-force front

'86 Regal - Hydraulics, custom wheels, custom paint, shaved, phantom top, leather, power, and lots of chrome

cashmoneyspeed

Post by cashmoneyspeed »

the tape i put on the hook for the hatch latch or the silicone i sprayed in the lock assembly got rid of the squeak. I would just like to say i spent a lot of time "chasing" this squeak and if it wasn't for this site i would still be looking. you guys are soo helpful. thanks

Return to “General Mazda MX-3”