1.5 dohc

4-Cyl. Technical/Performance Discussions
wokkyie

1.5 dohc

Post by wokkyie »

hey there all. wondering if there is anyone out there who can help me find tuning parts for a 1.5 dohc. i am very interested in stuff like lightened pulleys, flywheels and bolt on turbos. but so far the closest i have found is stuff for the 1.6 dohc. don't know if the 1.6 stuff will fit the 1.5. because the engine is j-spec i have looked on some japanese sites but unfortunatley i can't find one written in english. any suggestions and advice would be hugely appreciated. thanks.
mad for the motors, motors for the mad
xXx_OTEP_xXx

Re: 1.5 dohc

Post by xXx_OTEP_xXx »

what?? What 1.5 are you talking about? I've never heard of a 1.5 in an mx my man... 1.6 SOHC and DOHC .. 1.8 DOHC.. 1.6 turbo.. 1.8 turbo.. thats about it for common motors you could swap into these cars..
Sold my 95 RS "Little Peanut" but she will never be forgotten. :(
papa roached

Post by papa roached »

the 1.5 DOHC is the J-Spec RS motor
93 MX-3 GS (collecting parts for Eunos Presso conversion), 94 626 Transmission (4.10 gears), KL31 camed KL-ZE, Millenia intake, Millenia TB, SSAutochrome V2 headers, Magnaflow cat, 2 1/4 in pipe, Top Speed Pro 1 muffler, 9lb Fidanza Flywheel, ACT clutch, Corksport SS clutch line, Corksport SS brake lines, Unorthadox UDP, 255 lph fuel pump, HEI mod, ghetto-charger intake, KL36 ECU, SRD transverse crossmember bushings, SRD shifter extention bushing, SRD crossmember, Corksport bronzoil shifter bushings, Brembo Crossdrilled and Slotted rotors, 15 inch Konig Heliums, ZX-2 S/R struts, Eibach lowering springs, OEM front strut bar, Ebay rear strut bar, BFGoodrich G-Force T/A KDWs

Parts needing installed: turbo kit from BB (if i ever get it), 9.0:1 CR Diamond pistons, 4340 forged H beam rods, C/J-Spec spoiler, Nissan red tops in KL rails
http://www.cardomain.com/id/blazejeremy
perhapsadingo8yerbaby

Post by perhapsadingo8yerbaby »

wokkyie, you might have better/faster luck getting your AZ-3 question answered by emailing some AZ-3 MX-3.com UBB members directly with the question. I checked a couple of threads in the Eunos 30X/Presso/Autozam AZ-3 Forum and looks like a couple of AZ-3 owners have posted within the past month or two. If they aren't on the UBB often, might not see your post anytime soon unless you ask em directly... The two AZ-3 owners I noticed were here on the UBB recently were:

AZ-3,1498cc,UK

and

nickmx3

You can find their email addresses on their profiles. That B5-ZE 1.5 dohc motor is a nice 4-banger. I would imagine that many mods for the 1.6 would be applicable on the 1.5 but better that you get that confirmed w/specifics from others who have the AZ-3. Good luck and post whatever you find out. The question comes up periodically here.

Return to “4-Cyl. Technical/Performance”