need help modding 94 1.6 dohc

4-Cyl. Technical/Performance Discussions
iLLuSi0nZMx-3

need help modding 94 1.6 dohc

Post by iLLuSi0nZMx-3 »

i have a 1.6 dohc that i just had completely rebuilt new head..block..and im wondering what all i can do for a few extra hp..without changing the motor out for a v6 lil short on cash right now and im just buyin stuff monthly for it any suggestions. :sadwavey:
2'intrax lowering springs..injen custom intake..port/polished...arospeed 1/2 exaust..autometer gauges..unorthodox racing underdrive pulleys..chip.
torpedan

Re: need help modding 94 1.6 dohc

Post by torpedan »

I would honestly suggest using the serach button there is a lot you can do on a general term to any motor that is realtivly low cost.

Plus there are a few mid-low cost semi fabrication thingsy ou can do.
-torp.
I don't own a Mazda.
Ehpl

Post by Ehpl »

iLLuSi0nZMx-3

Post by iLLuSi0nZMx-3 »

wow eugene...love the car man it shows you have put alot of work in it i just got my mx-3 for 300 with screwed motor just a project motors out right now but i plan on going all the way in the long run with it..keep me posted love to see how your car looks with the springs
2'intrax lowering springs..injen custom intake..port/polished...arospeed 1/2 exaust..autometer gauges..unorthodox racing underdrive pulleys..chip.
wytbishop

Post by wytbishop »

Hey Eugene. I have to say I like what you've done with it. I checked out the full documentation of your build and man you don't mess around. I am interessted to know what kind of power you are getting out of your freshly bluprinted DOHC as I myself have only recently become the owner of a similar unit. I am currently researching all the options available to me in terms of swap vs. mod vs. forced induction. Your results will affect my decision.

I am at redandwhiteflame@hotmail.com
94' RS/GS/MS/CF Monster Turbo...coming soon.
93' GS SE, the Black Beast, the former love of my life...soon to be gutted and crushed.
94' GS, black on black, now in several small pieces...and one large crushed piece.
2007 Mazda3 GT Sport --- super fun
2004 Honda RC51 --- Lost forever to some theavin' bastard
My Worklog
My feedback thread
Never attribute to malice that which can be adequately explained by stupidity.
mitmaks
antispam: ~SPAM*SUX~

Post by mitmaks »

nice work on that dohc eugene :2thumbsup: truly amazing how much labor went into that 4 banger
Magnum s/s lines, strut bars, carbon fiber bezel, indiglow gauge, Sony Xplod, inverted c/f hood, SRD lower tie bar '93 GS SE '95 Cobra SVT #2722 '68 Charger R/T 440
http://www.cardomain.com/id/mitmaks

Return to “4-Cyl. Technical/Performance”