!!!major tranny problem, need help!!!

4-Cyl. Technical/Performance Discussions
luis castro

!!!major tranny problem, need help!!!

Post by luis castro »

ok, so i was coming out of autozone and i take off like normal and all and all of a sudden, my car starts to steer hard to the right. i drove my car home all the way and then when i got there, i looked at the tires. they were all ok. then i took the wheels off and checked the axles. they we're ok too. no play or anything in the axles. so then i put everything back together and i decide to take it for another spin. well, as i took off from the stop sign and made a left turn i feel a hard pop and lots of vibration started coming from the front wheels. it olny does it on every full rotation of the wheel, not constantly. now, i took it for a test drive again and it just does it even when you're driving straight. there is lots of vibration coming from the shifter also. i have checked the transmission fluid, axles,and my clutch is bran new. i'm a bit confused, can anyone help?
save a lung, smoke a honda.
Limegreen mx-3

Re: !!!major tranny problem, need help!!!

Post by Limegreen mx-3 »

U need to stop driving like u stole it. could be aliginment. Got my car street legal hitting up mili this sunday got a GS lip but still needs a paint job. so u going or is ur car acting up bad. Formally known as Limegreen MX-3 laters

Drifter MX-3
(12.4@118@18psi) 92 MX-3, KIA (BP-DE)Swap, Electromotive TEC II Standalone, 8,200 Rev Limit, Custom Intake/Exhaust Manifold, 1,000cc PTE Injectors, Custom Fuel Rail, Aeromotive FPR, 80MM Holley TB, MSD 8.5MM Wires, NGK V-Power #8, SC6262 Turbo, 3 in. DownPipe, Tial WG/BOV, 600HP PTE FMIC, 2.5IN Intercooler Piping, EQUUS/Autometer KIA G-Series Tran, Extreme ACT Clutch, Built BP in starting process.
luis castro

Post by luis castro »

if i can get my car to run right, yeah, i'll hit up mili. but man, this thing is pissing me off! sometimes i feel like just pouring gas all over the car and lighting it on fire and watch it crash down a cliff. as soon as i think i've fixed something, something else goes wrong. i mean i don't even rag the crap out of my car. i've honestly been considering just getting something else. but yeah, i'll see if i can hit up mili. hey, maybe you can help me find the problem. my number is 218-0851. i'm gonna be working on it all day tomorrow so if you have some spare time, call me up.
Limegreen mx-3

Post by Limegreen mx-3 »

Originally posted by MiGhTymOuSe:
if i can get my car to run right, yeah, i'll hit up mili. but man, this thing is pissing me off! sometimes i feel like just pouring gas all over the car and lighting it on fire and watch it crash down a cliff. as soon as i think i've fixed something, something else goes wrong. i mean i don't even rag the crap out of my car. i've honestly been considering just getting something else. but yeah, i'll see if i can hit up mili. hey, maybe you can help me find the problem. my number is 218-0851. i'm gonna be working on it all day tomorrow so if you have some spare time, call me up.
sorry i couldn't help yesrterday and most of sunday helping out my brother change his valve cover gaskets. has a 93 madza MX-6 V6. was a ***** to do removing the intake to get to the rear valve cover on top of that when i was all done another problem the VRIS/VCIS witch ever one the MX-6 V6 has weren't working cause i was kicking my brother *** . and we still haven't figured why the V thing isn't working. would have help out if i check out my MX-3.com sunday morning alway mili sucked cops where **** blocking being *** holes like they always are. i'll give a call if u need my help laters

Drifter MX-3
(12.4@118@18psi) 92 MX-3, KIA (BP-DE)Swap, Electromotive TEC II Standalone, 8,200 Rev Limit, Custom Intake/Exhaust Manifold, 1,000cc PTE Injectors, Custom Fuel Rail, Aeromotive FPR, 80MM Holley TB, MSD 8.5MM Wires, NGK V-Power #8, SC6262 Turbo, 3 in. DownPipe, Tial WG/BOV, 600HP PTE FMIC, 2.5IN Intercooler Piping, EQUUS/Autometer KIA G-Series Tran, Extreme ACT Clutch, Built BP in starting process.
luis castro

Post by luis castro »

check this out, i got under the car yesterday and i checked both axles. well, the one on the drivers side was fine, there was no play or anything. then i checked the passenger's side and it had a crap load of play. it was broken from the inside. well, i replaced it yesterday and the problem is still there. this dude who lives down my street is a mechanic and he told me that it might be the other axle or that it might be a broken motor mount. i don't think the motor mount would cause it to steer to the right would it? i'm just so confused. i know it's not a tranny problem cause a transmission either works or it doesn't. plus, i never got any "warning signs" that my tranny was going bad anyway. when i drive, it never pops out of gear, or the gears never grinded when i put it in gear. i don't know what the hell is up with this stupid car but i'm going to try replacing the driver's side axle and if that doesn't work, then i'm going to put a for sale sign on it. yeah but i'm going to be doing the wrench time today, just let me know if you think it might be something else. honestly, you really have to see it to understand what i'm talking about. the whole damn motor shifts. and it only does it when it's in gear and when you turn. when you coast, it doesn't do it as bad, you can't feel it but you can hear it.
Limegreen mx-3

Post by Limegreen mx-3 »

Originally posted by MiGhTymOuSe:
check this out, i got under the car yesterday and i checked both axles. well, the one on the drivers side was fine, there was no play or anything. then i checked the passenger's side and it had a crap load of play. it was broken from the inside. well, i replaced it yesterday and the problem is still there. this dude who lives down my street is a mechanic and he told me that it might be the other axle or that it might be a broken motor mount. i don't think the motor mount would cause it to steer to the right would it? i'm just so confused. i know it's not a tranny problem cause a transmission either works or it doesn't. plus, i never got any "warning signs" that my tranny was going bad anyway. when i drive, it never pops out of gear, or the gears never grinded when i put it in gear. i don't know what the hell is up with this stupid car but i'm going to try replacing the driver's side axle and if that doesn't work, then i'm going to put a for sale sign on it. yeah but i'm going to be doing the wrench time today, just let me know if you think it might be something else. honestly, you really have to see it to understand what i'm talking about. the whole damn motor shifts. and it only does it when it's in gear and when you turn. when you coast, it doesn't do it as bad, you can't feel it but you can hear it.
could be a weaken motor mount u said the motor shifts check out ur mounts see if there are tight or not and the driver side axle take it out check it good put it back in. see what happens. if problem persist let me and my brother check it out see if we can find out whats wrong. we've taken our MAZDA'S apart and put them back together. If the problem still there sale it to me i'll put my 1.8 BPD in there. HAHA.

Return to “4-Cyl. Technical/Performance”