turbo question...

4-Cyl. Technical/Performance Discussions
luis castro

turbo question...

Post by luis castro »

ok, so i know people have asked this question so many times," how can i turbo my sohc?" ok, i know that racing mazda has a turbo kit out for it, :roll: but honestly i think that for the power you get, it's kind of over priced. i know that people have said to get a custom manifold built. i know that there is alot of you out there with a custom rs-t. well my question is this, what parts did you use and what advice would you give? i've heard that a mitsubishi manifold fits, i've heard that a 323 gtx/merc capri manifolds both bolt up to the sohc. i just want to know if any of you have tried any of this. i have about $800 usd to start my turbo project and i just want to get my facts straight before i spend it all on parts that don't even fit. :shrug: thanx for any advice guys
save a lung, smoke a honda.
Limegreen mx-3

Re: turbo question...

Post by Limegreen mx-3 »

Originally posted by MiGhTymOuSe:
ok, so i know people have asked this question so many times," how can i turbo my sohc?" ok, i know that racing mazda has a turbo kit out for it, :roll: but honestly i think that for the power you get, it's kind of over priced. i know that people have said to get a custom manifold built. i know that there is alot of you out there with a custom rs-t. well my question is this, what parts did you use and what advice would you give? i've heard that a mitsubishi manifold fits, i've heard that a 323 gtx/merc capri manifolds both bolt up to the sohc. i just want to know if any of you have tried any of this. i have about $800 usd to start my turbo project and i just want to get my facts straight before i spend it all on parts that don't even fit. :shrug: thanx for any advice guys
all i can say about rick turbo kits is that its a 4psi on stock interals with out intercooler. better safe than sorry. as for the 323/gtx/merc the turbo manifolds won't fix different bolt patterns. as for mitsubishi i don't know the answer to that one probly no could be wrong. laters

Drifter MX-3
(12.4@118@18psi) 92 MX-3, KIA (BP-DE)Swap, Electromotive TEC II Standalone, 8,200 Rev Limit, Custom Intake/Exhaust Manifold, 1,000cc PTE Injectors, Custom Fuel Rail, Aeromotive FPR, 80MM Holley TB, MSD 8.5MM Wires, NGK V-Power #8, SC6262 Turbo, 3 in. DownPipe, Tial WG/BOV, 600HP PTE FMIC, 2.5IN Intercooler Piping, EQUUS/Autometer KIA G-Series Tran, Extreme ACT Clutch, Built BP in starting process.
luis castro

Post by luis castro »

ok, so maybe i haven't gotten my point across. i have already driven the turbo soch from racing mazda/speed freaks. i'm not saying it sux, i'm just saying that i like to go custom. if i wanted to buy all aftermarket, i would just drive a civic. to be honest with you, rick's kit is kind of over priced. go to needboost.com and they sell complete intercooled kits with everything for other cars like the protege for less then what rick sells his for. i'm just saying that i know that people have done a custon turbo set up on their rs and i just wanted to know what parts they used. Hey javier, do you work for speed freaks or something man? with all the promo your doing, you should be getting something....
Limegreen mx-3

Post by Limegreen mx-3 »

no i don't work there i wish i did but i see ur point what u can do is see if someone can custom build u a turbo exhaust manifold form there intercooler, type of turbo u want IHI,T3. http://www.colonelsmazdamx3.freeservers.com/photo.html this guy went custom and i think his was a SOHC. maybe that could help laters

Drifter MX-3
(12.4@118@18psi) 92 MX-3, KIA (BP-DE)Swap, Electromotive TEC II Standalone, 8,200 Rev Limit, Custom Intake/Exhaust Manifold, 1,000cc PTE Injectors, Custom Fuel Rail, Aeromotive FPR, 80MM Holley TB, MSD 8.5MM Wires, NGK V-Power #8, SC6262 Turbo, 3 in. DownPipe, Tial WG/BOV, 600HP PTE FMIC, 2.5IN Intercooler Piping, EQUUS/Autometer KIA G-Series Tran, Extreme ACT Clutch, Built BP in starting process.
luis castro

Post by luis castro »

hey javier, go to military tonight. i drive the white mx.
nos92mx3
Supporting Member

Post by nos92mx3 »

or you just could buy a b6t i bought mine for 200$ then buy a piggyback and keep the boost low and youll be happy
92' Rs-t b6t/De - RIP

93' Rs-t BPT - Sold

03' WRB wrx Wagon - Current
Limegreen mx-3

Post by Limegreen mx-3 »

Originally posted by MiGhTymOuSe:
hey javier, go to military tonight. i drive the white mx.
i can't when i replaced my windshield i lost my sticker. i don't have any got to get new ones. besides i ain't going to chance it with the five 0. wish i could

Drifter MX-3

Return to “4-Cyl. Technical/Performance”