itchin for more hpower

4-Cyl. Technical/Performance Discussions
happyclown

itchin for more hpower

Post by happyclown »

i just got my hands on a 1993 for real cheep, its pretty zippy and all but its only a 1.6 sohc :mad:

is there anything i can do to this car to give it some balls?? im willing to spend close to 2grand on it if it'll beaf it up enough...

im just lookin to get enough power to be able to hold my own in a race against some people i live with in this small town... mainly an early 90's cavalier, mostly stock...

i just need to know what i can do to get some more power :froggie_red: i dont wanna shame the mx-3
1993 RS Teal
MOSES

Re: itchin for more hpower

Post by MOSES »

please tell me your stock mx can beat that cav!
IF its working right, i hope the mx would come out on top, but i never driven the sohc, so im not sure, but sorry i cant answer your question on mods, i just know a little bout tune ups
I've been so unsatisfied with my car since I joined mx3.com.
Seeing all the body kits, rims and engine swaps makes me want to spend all my student loans on my car.
MX3-Freak

Post by MX3-Freak »

For 2grand you can probibly strech out a BP-ZET if you are experienced with engine swaps and boosting (i.e. you can do almost all the work yourself). But, if you want to go cheaper just swap the BP-ZE and you can go turbo in the future. This will come out less then 2k if you do the work youself...Do a search, there is more info on engine swaps then anything else on this board. :shrug:
Stock 1995 RS - Creek Blue
Car Meanins:
Honda: Hang On, Not Done Accelerating
FORD: Frequently Overhauled, Rarely Driven
Mazda: Must Always Zoom Down Asphalt
dj inferno

Post by dj inferno »

i lost to a 88 corsica... the guy wouldn't tell me what was in it tho, idk if it was cuz he couldn't speak english or if he didn't wanna tell me, ne ways, i think it was the 2.4(??) V6...
oh.... and i didn't lose THAT bad. lol
nos92mx3
Supporting Member

Post by nos92mx3 »

or you could always just do a b6t swap, with all the goodies i have ready to go in (FMIC piggyback FC wideband o2), ive only spent around 1800$
92' Rs-t b6t/De - RIP

93' Rs-t BPT - Sold

03' WRB wrx Wagon - Current
Limegreen mx-3

Post by Limegreen mx-3 »

this site may help but its rather far from where its at to where u live. anyways here it is www.racingmazda.com laters

Drifter MX-3
(12.4@118@18psi) 92 MX-3, KIA (BP-DE)Swap, Electromotive TEC II Standalone, 8,200 Rev Limit, Custom Intake/Exhaust Manifold, 1,000cc PTE Injectors, Custom Fuel Rail, Aeromotive FPR, 80MM Holley TB, MSD 8.5MM Wires, NGK V-Power #8, SC6262 Turbo, 3 in. DownPipe, Tial WG/BOV, 600HP PTE FMIC, 2.5IN Intercooler Piping, EQUUS/Autometer KIA G-Series Tran, Extreme ACT Clutch, Built BP in starting process.
Rope04

Post by Rope04 »

If your willing to do that do the bpt, or you could rebuild your engine...Most Sohc engines can hold more boost depending on the cam...But you could port and polish higher comperssion pistons from maybe a civic,custom Job, a new head job and upgraded Rods ,190lph fuel injectors and a 200lph fuel pump, Clutch and flywheel...you'd be set,when I had my 92 rs I was planning on doing these mods, but then I found the 92 GS
Ferrari Red w/silver Metallic 92' Mx-3 GsR: Blown 5 Built motors from my past project and am going to N/A for a while as I get use to Megasquirt for proper tuning then may boost....TT setups have too much lag and too low of a power output for the rpm range i sought....Single is better and may do that in future...New project is custom Alum Mani/ with 3-4" runners...NO ?'s about my previous setup I don't want anyone to waste as Much $$$$$$ as I did...listen to BabyBlue and the those guys and go with thier F/I setups

Return to “4-Cyl. Technical/Performance”