98,000 1995 MAzda MX-3 IDLE Problem!

4-Cyl. Technical/Performance Discussions
vegetoking

Re: 98,000 1995 MAzda MX-3 IDLE Problem!

Post by vegetoking »

UPDATE:

Date:
Monday, July 19th, 2004
Odometer:
Tune-Up:
Replaced Distributor Cap (OEM)
Replaced Distributor Rotor (OEM)
Replaced Oil filter (OE Mazda Filter)
Replaced BOSCH Spark Plug Wires
Changed Oil w/ Castrol GTX High Milage 10W-30

Thank you guys after the tune up the hesitation was completly gone it idles perfect at 600 rpms.
Now i get a strong pulse through the entire RPM band.

Problems that rised:

1. Squeaky belt.. I bought some prestone belt dressing and it got rid of that annoying sound.

2. After letting the car warm up for about 15 minutes and driving it for about 5; I stopped cuz i smelled something burning i poped the hood and I saw a **** load of smoke coming from where the o2 sensor is and by the header mostly... What could this be? Also since i bought the car after driving it for a while. You hear a popcorn making noise when is parked and turned off.

What are your thoughts on these?
Mine are... Blocked thermostat, or BLOCKED 02 sensor... I have no leaks.

I noticed that the coolant neddle in the gauge cluster is way below C and it goes all the way down by where the screw that holds the cluster plate lays. Is this normal?. The car remains at about 35%-40% hot all the time.

<small>[ July 19, 2004, 09:03 PM: Message edited by: vegetoking ]</small>
vegetoking

Post by vegetoking »

UPDATE #2:

If the fans are suppose to work when the car is at idle... then my fans are not working.

I tried to disconnect both battery terminals and connect them again and nothing. After that I disconnected the plugs from the fans and reconnected them and nothing.

Any ideas on how i can get them to work or fix them?
Im sure that thats why the car was smoking last night, also i took the coolant cap off and turned the car on. The fluid went up and down about 5 times and then it started to slowly drop off. the cap says .9 on it... is that right?

<small>[ July 20, 2004, 06:38 AM: Message edited by: vegetoking ]</small>
Custommx3
Site Administrator
antispam: ~SPAM*SUX~

Post by Custommx3 »

http://www.barrykclark.com/pix/manual/

this may help.

I THINK if you connect GND to TEN in your diag box, the fans should come on if the key is turned to the "ON" postition. I have the mx-3 traning video from mazda, Id have to watch it. It shows the tune up and test section of how it tests that I believe. Its been a while since I watched it.
vegetoking

Post by vegetoking »

okey i replaced the freaking 30amp fuse just in case for the fan, and nothing... is still heating up like crazy... i guess im just gonna buy a coolant temperature sensor tomorrow... can u gusy especify exactly where it is? is is next to the thermostant on the right side of it? Also why dont I have a fan relay? its not even labeled in the box

Return to “4-Cyl. Technical/Performance”