Custommx3
Site Administrator
antispam: ~SPAM*SUX~

New Rice product?

Post by Custommx3 »

voltaire

Re: New Rice product?

Post by voltaire »

Heh, THAT'S just pathetic, who would want loud, fake noise *IN* their car?!? I foresee a lot of ricers mounting speakers under their cars for this...<P>Although, one good thing is that it sounds like this system can be used to *reduce* engine and/or road noise inside the car. According to the article, they apparently did that "on accident" when they were developing this fake-sound system. If they're smart, they'll persue that as well and build it into the same system.<P>It's called phase-cancelation and it's fairly common, though it's not necessarilly perfected in cars yet. Here's an article on that:<BR><A HREF="http://www.nature.com/nsu/020121/020121-12.html" TARGET=_blank> Noise quietens driving </A>
tk1138

Re: New Rice product?

Post by tk1138 »

It's been done on a 'concept' car. It was on beyond 2000 several years ago.<BR>The way thy're doing it is pretty lame though. They should just use a pickup line off the dist and use a Digital Signal Processor to generate the desired harmonics & sub-harmonics. You could make some 'neat' sounds, but really, who needs or wants that. If you're not carefull you'll blow stuff out really easaly with a lot of low frequency rumble.<BR>I remember a friends car had a bad radio ground. It kinda sounded like a turbo.
tk1138<P>There's not really anything I want to say over and over.

Return to “General Mazda MX-3”