What should i do? need good advice please

4-Cyl. Technical/Performance Discussions
BEE29293

What should i do? need good advice please

Post by BEE29293 »

ok heres the situation i have.. I own a 1996 1.6 dohc rs with an auto tranny. The car is in great shape with 114,000 kms total. It is my daily driver but i want it to be fast and fun to drive like 200 hp fast and fun. but i would like room for improvement in the future. Anyways what should i do ? I have a friend who is a mechanic so labour is no issue as it will cost very little for him to do anything providing i give him all of the parts needed. Ok so what would be the best option ? 1. 5 speed tranny conversion for sure regardless. 2. Turbo existing motor? 3. B6T Swap ? 4. BPT swap ?
My goals are : Streetable, approx 200 hp, reliable and best hp for the money but also ease of installation would be good. Also would like to keep the cost below 2500 or so. Also my friend has 2 turbos that he will let me have but they need rebuilding. PLEASE NO "USE THE SEARCH FUNCTION" REPLIES. As they are a waste of my time because i have read sooo much and searched soo much but too much info and i am new to the MX 3 scene. I have owned this car for a month !!!! I also propose better organization of the swap info b/c the faq is too vague. i know it will be alot of work but hey isnt it worth the look on a honda owners face when our little mx3 rocks their prelude/civic/intgra/whatever on the track ? we have a good platform and lots of bright people on this board so lets make it happen.

<small>[ May 31, 2004, 09:48 PM: Message edited by: BEE29293 ]</small>
MX3-Freak

Re: What should i do? need good advice please

Post by MX3-Freak »

For around 200 hp and further possibilities, definately the BPT. Although I can't give personal experience, I have read it is near indestructable, and built for high boost. Not to menchion the added .2L over the B6-ZET (B6T).
Stock 1995 RS - Creek Blue
Car Meanins:
Honda: Hang On, Not Done Accelerating
FORD: Frequently Overhauled, Rarely Driven
Mazda: Must Always Zoom Down Asphalt
ryanlindenberg

Re: What should i do? need good advice please

Post by ryanlindenberg »

yep go bpt...you'll almost be to 200 right out of the box. turn up the boost a little and voila...200. you could probably do the swap for 2500 if you buy most of the stuff used(intercooler, etc.). i'm gonna be swapping in my bpt in 2 weeks but my total cost is going to be around 5000 because i'm running the haltek e6x and most of the components are new. some people have run over 400 HP on the stock bottom end of a bpt.
CARDOMAIN WITH UPDATED PICS
"There are 2 kinds of pedestrians, the quick and the dead."

Return to “4-Cyl. Technical/Performance”