Wouldn't start again...Now its fine?

4-Cyl. Technical/Performance Discussions
CoSpringsMx-3

Wouldn't start again...Now its fine?

Post by CoSpringsMx-3 »

Ok I posted on this problem about a month ago... Once again my car wouldn't start after sitting for about 4 or 5 hours. This happened a month ago and the next day it started fine and low and behold once again I went back the next day and it started right up. The check engine light is not on and its not cause the battery. The shop told me that there isnt anything they can do until it does it again cause they cant diagnose it if its running fine. I need help!!! It's getting to the point where I might just sell the car. Can anyone explain why this could happen? Peridoically once a month it won't start and the next day starts up fine and runs great? Please some of the experts let me know cause I have had her for almost 4 years and she has only 100k miles on her. Don't want to get rid of her. Oil has been changed, belts done at 65k new plugs and wires a year ago etc... PLEASE HELP!!!
CoSpringsMx-3

Re: Wouldn't start again...Now its fine?

Post by CoSpringsMx-3 »

Really need help on this one!!! Any experts have an idea? BUMP
zipad

Post by zipad »

I have the same problum. The way I fixed mine was first I took a rtv sealer and sealed my distributor cap. Then I used an injector cleaner.And then I started useing higher octane gas.I went from 87 to 89. Have had no problum sense. Hope it works for you.
Moe4021

Post by Moe4021 »

Check your Mass Air Flow Sensor, it happened to me about few months ago.

laters..
hondah8er13

Post by hondah8er13 »

Any chance it is getting flooded somehow? don't know much just a thought.
Zoom-Zoom

Return to “4-Cyl. Technical/Performance”