BPT ecu on a b6ze wire harness?

4-Cyl. Technical/Performance Discussions
Timmyd865

BPT ecu on a b6ze wire harness?

Post by Timmyd865 »

Hey guys....
Is it possible to use the BPT's ecu and plug it right into the b6ze's wireharness? Are they the same? Like could I just unplug the stock ecu and plug in the BPT's. Cause if that's possible that ECU would be a GREAT upgrade for a B6zet set up. That could keep the cost down considerably because the ECU is boost prepared and has the right maps for boost. So, if that would work you'd only hafta buy a b6t manifold and turbo, finish the exhaust, nab a nice intercooler and BOV, do sum pipe work, upgrade ur fuel pump and if you run LOW boost 5ish you should be fine! I'd think. If the BPT ECU works, it'd be a great cheap part for the project. What do you think?
16" Sport Edition Fox 2's, Yokohama H4's, Eclipse CD player, Eclipse components, MTX amp, Lightning Audio woofers in a custom fiber glass enclosure, custom intake, factory spoiler installed, reverse indiglo gauges, custom switch panel<p> :) www.geocities.com/timsmx3
cjthor
Forum Moderator

Re: BPT ecu on a b6ze wire harness?

Post by cjthor »

Different harness. It wont plug in.
Jarid Perry
94 mx3 Turrrbooooo (not even close to stock) 302WHP
71 Chevy C20 (tow rig!!)
77 Jeep CJ5 (no way its stock)
06 MINI Cooper S JCW GP (few goodies) 210WHP
2008 MINI Cooper Clubman S
OsoSlo z28

Post by OsoSlo z28 »

yeah, what he said.

plus you're talking about a different size motor w/different injector ratings.
Fast imports only come on two wheels.
"MR." Ashley Fowler
'02 Yamaha Warrior (1700cc)
'94 MX-3 RS-t (BPT)~ sold
cardomain pics
Timmyd865

Post by Timmyd865 »

But the engine size prob. wouldn't matter much considering the outputs of each engine NA would be about the same due to the b6's high CR. BUT.. would the B6t's ecu hook up?? That'd prob. work great also! Thanx!
16" Sport Edition Fox 2's, Yokohama H4's, Eclipse CD player, Eclipse components, MTX amp, Lightning Audio woofers in a custom fiber glass enclosure, custom intake, factory spoiler installed, reverse indiglo gauges, custom switch panel<p> :) www.geocities.com/timsmx3
Timmyd865

Post by Timmyd865 »

ALSO.. are there any thicker/more boost friendly head gaskets out there for the b6ze. I'm thinking of doing a CHEAP turbo kit here again! Thanx
qik_30x

Post by qik_30x »

hey,

apart from having differant plugs in the wiring harness, the bpt also uses a differant afm, distibuter, tps, knock sensors etc etc.

its the same story for the b6t ecu, it also uses a differant afm and distributer than the n/a b6 engines.

steve
BPD powered 4wd tx3 turbo laser.
Timmyd865

Post by Timmyd865 »

DANG IT :( So there's no easy solution at all to fuel control for a turbo :( is a RRFPR still a popular item to control fuel during boost? I know boostedmx usta do turbo mx-3's w/a RRFPR and that was the main thing he did for fuel and they ran fine. I'm trying to keep it cheap, and LOW boost. Just add simple power.

BTW... i was checking out car-parts.com and found...
b6t mani and turbo - 350
rx7 fuel pump - 65
mx6 intercooler (nice size) - 80
Mistu eclipse BOV's go for about 50 ebay
misc. pipes are about 200 at most
connecting the exhaust at shop/and flex pipe - 150
Misc. oil and coolant lines - 200 MOST?!?! No idea where to even start w/that though :(
RRFPR - 200
There's a VERY straight forward way to do it.. I THINK... if you keep the boost nice and low at least...
then add an ACT clutch for 300, and we're looking at - $1600, and I OVER estimated a lot of parts. I think that's a good price for a nice kit... whatcha think?
qik_30x

Post by qik_30x »

well, if you found a b6t ecu, injectors, wiring loom + all sensors, then you could probly use the ecu.

which reminds me, i have a b6t engine (pulled to bits) for sale. i can sell ya the turbo, manfold, all the sensors, inectors etc etc.

only problem is im in australia.

steve
BPD powered 4wd tx3 turbo laser.
torpedan

Post by torpedan »

Originally posted by Timmyd865:
ALSO.. are there any thicker/more boost friendly head gaskets out there for the b6ze. I'm thinking of doing a CHEAP turbo kit here again! Thanx
The stock head gasket is strong as hell to begin with. Plus the Cr of the motors are still boost friendly. As stated you can transfer everythign needed from one motor to another and make it run.

In our festiva we are using the festiva ecu harness and sensors to run my old DOHC mx3 motor.. and when we turbo it we will use the componets from a b6t in the same fashion
-torp.
I don't own a Mazda.
Timmyd865

Post by Timmyd865 »

So.. now it just comes down to this... what's cheaper....
A. b6t's wiring harness/ecu/and almost anything attached to the harness

B. keeping the stock ECU, using a RRFPR, and upgraded injectors.

I think B is obviously gonna be cheaper and easier.. and considering i only want 5-7 psi... You wouldn't think it'd need much more! It just needs to give it more fuel when tehre's boost (RRFPR) and it's gotta be able to deliver that amount (injectors/fuel pump). Since it's low boost, I see no reason to go ALL OUT. If I were going for high boost on the stock internals (9-10), then I can see taking everything from the b6t over to it.. but.. considering my power goals and stuff.. the B route is probably better.

I want at least 160 at the crank... and 5 psi should EASILY deliever that when intercooled. With our "high" CR and small turbo.. the thing should spool up instantly and be a blast to drive on low boost. Anything over 8ish PSI on the rbh5 would be far out of effiency and produce too much heat for our high CR engine. So... is the B route good enough?!?!

Thanx!
Timmyd865

Post by Timmyd865 »

Did we decide that this is not a good place to tap into for ur oil supply? http://www.geocities.com/bat_elof/oilsupply.jpg I read a while ago that it's not high enogh pressure.. is that true? If so.. where's the currect spot to tap into uroil at? And how do u do it? Any pics? Thanx!

Return to “4-Cyl. Technical/Performance”