Horn stopped working. Any ideas?

4-Cyl. Technical/Performance Discussions
jumboplay

Horn stopped working. Any ideas?

Post by jumboplay »

Recently my horn stopped working. All fuses and relays checked, I hear it click when I try it, nothing happens. Any common problems with this? Also, where is the horn itself, since the online shop manual seems to have disappeared? :-\ . Any help would be appreciated? Or maybe I'm just low on horn fluid? Hehehe... :crying:
-Tom J, proud MX-3 pilot-
Get your entertainment upgraded at http://www.tommyv2.com

1996 MX-3 RS/GS hybrid, OBDII B6-ZE, painted Mazda crystal white, ZX-2+Eibach, Miglia Spyder 17"s, markerflash, black altezzas, insane fuel economy, too many other mods to list...
UnkleDuke

Re: Horn stopped working. Any ideas?

Post by UnkleDuke »

The horn is usually up around a headlight, but I'll check my manual when I have a chance.
No Sig
Kenzie

Post by Kenzie »

Mine suddenly stopped one day when I was using it to let someone know exactly how much I appriciated them cutting me off and then about a week later it started working again. That's the only time it's happened and I've had my car about 3 years. :shrug:
::'94 MX-3 GS::KLZE::
Freq2002

Post by Freq2002 »

If I remeber right, the horn on my car was in front under the bumper cover, passenger side I think. You should be able to see it if you can get your mellon under the front & look up.
The contents of this post are the opinions of myself and are NEVER meant to be percieved as the "be all, end all". So cram it!! :p
992mmx3

Post by 992mmx3 »

You sure you checked the wire to see if it wasn't getting squashed somewhere in the steering wheel area. This happened to my friends car.
-Mark Lathrop
1992 MX-3 RS-T
B6T with some goodies

"...I told those fudgepackers I liked Michael Bolton's music..."
brody125

Post by brody125 »

mine is doing the same thing
dj inferno

Post by dj inferno »

a few days after i bought my car i tryed out my horn (its a week ***** horn lol) and it worked a few times, but i was drivin by my friends house and i honked and it didn;t work.... so i tryed it sum more, and it didn't work for like a week, then i tryed it like a month later and it worked fine, havn't had a prob sence.
Gabby

Post by Gabby »

I have had this problem happen to another car of mine. The problem was the wire had some how managed to come loose from its holding. Just try to find the wire and re-connect it. It's not something a that is going to take forever or is hard to do. On the Flip side if you think your horn is to meek then now would be the best time to get a new one.

:froggie_red:
Thanks,

Gabby

Return to “4-Cyl. Technical/Performance”