Noise

4-Cyl. Technical/Performance Discussions
trumper_82072

Noise

Post by trumper_82072 »

I have a 92 4 cylinder. It is making a noise real similar to the common cv axle noise. The difference is it does it while cruising, Clutch in or out. It does not do it while accelerating or under load but when you let off to slow down. I tried to search and didn't find this one. I have also witnessed first hand the cv joint going bad. the difference is this does it going straight. It changes very little with the speed of the car, As in sounds about the same at 10 mph as it does at 50. Please any ideas or better yet solutions. I have checked for torn boots or leaking grease and found none. If it matters this car is a 5 speed.
torpedan

Re: Noise

Post by torpedan »

Does it do it more when ya go over bumps?
-torp.
I don't own a Mazda.
zipad

Post by zipad »

Did you look at your brakes?
trumper_82072

Post by trumper_82072 »

Bumps have no effect, as in no noise from bumps.
What am I looking for from the brakes?
zipad

Post by zipad »

Look for loose or broken caliper bolts. Look at the squealer on the brake pads. The squealer is the little thing that tells you your pads are bad.
Seanthepizzadude65065

Post by Seanthepizzadude65065 »

Its very likley that it is your wheel bearing is going out,if it sounds like a squeeking/rubbing/grinding noise? There is a good chance that it is going out.
14" 5 spoke PRIME rims, GS spoiler,180 Watt Sony Head unit with a 4 Polk Audio EX series speakers, Kicker Solo Baric 8" sub, StrandTec custom Air system, Blue under dash neon tube, Blue windsheld wipernozzle LEDS,straght-through dual tip exhaust, Belive it or not but, I did a 0-60 in 7.23 seconds!

http://www.cardomain.com/id/seanthemx3er

Return to “4-Cyl. Technical/Performance”