Leaking radiator fluid

4-Cyl. Technical/Performance Discussions
MX-3 Ricer

Leaking radiator fluid

Post by MX-3 Ricer »

Car overheated realy bad. Found out there was no fluid in the radiator. And when i tried to fill it i heard it leaking to the floor pretty quickly. The leak is comming out around the center of the engine by the belts. Was woundering what it would must likley be. And if it has happened to anyone else. how much did it cost to fix. Thanx for any help
kuruption1983

Re: Leaking radiator fluid

Post by kuruption1983 »

The reason for leaking: cracked radiator or cracked pipe.
To fix it: if its the pipe, you could replace it, shouldn't be much, you could even get the colored up or stainless steal braided ones and make your bay look nice.
But if its the radiator, you have 2 choices, new rad, or you could take it somewhere so they could weld the crack. Thats all i can suggest. :shrug:

forgot the main point, max you will be charged is 150 US$ for a new rad from wreckers.

<small>[ October 17, 2003, 08:23 PM: Message edited by: kuruption1983 ]</small>
OsoSlo z28

Post by OsoSlo z28 »

if it's leaking from where the belts are, you either have a crack in the hose or it's something to do with your water pump. a water pump runs around $45-50 and a rad hose around $15.
Fast imports only come on two wheels.
"MR." Ashley Fowler
'02 Yamaha Warrior (1700cc)
'94 MX-3 RS-t (BPT)~ sold
cardomain pics
MX-3 Ricer

Post by MX-3 Ricer »

Thanks for the thoughts guys. Took my car into the shop. Evidently there were a few more problems then the water pump. It was also the O-rings, some gaskets, a seal, and the timming belt and some other junk was a long list. It Gona cost me 700.00 to get it runing properly. But my car i worth it, cant be without my baby.

Return to “4-Cyl. Technical/Performance”