waterpump, Alternator belt

4-Cyl. Technical/Performance Discussions
kingofslackerz

waterpump, Alternator belt

Post by kingofslackerz »

What is the part number for the waterpump and alternator belt. Auto Zone is telling me that this is a two belt system, their dumb. So I have two belts to choose from.

ahh..95 RS w/ac if that matters.

Plz help

Brian

95 RS 120,XXX For sale Make me an offer
kingofslackerz@msn.com
95 White MX-3<BR>Brian<BR>No Mods, too Poor
h8ter

Re: waterpump, Alternator belt

Post by h8ter »

Dude, don't buy aftermarket belts they just plain suck. I just had both alt & ps/ac belts changed at PepBoys and they are squealing. Others on the boards have mentioned that OEM is the best due to thicker ribbing. You can look up aftermarket parts at the following address if you still decide to go that route.

https://www.rockauto.com/applet3.html

<small>[ September 17, 2004, 02:16 AM: Message edited by: h8ter ]</small>
papa roached

Post by papa roached »

the GS has a two belt system, maybe their computer dont have the RS in it
93 MX-3 GS (collecting parts for Eunos Presso conversion), 94 626 Transmission (4.10 gears), KL31 camed KL-ZE, Millenia intake, Millenia TB, SSAutochrome V2 headers, Magnaflow cat, 2 1/4 in pipe, Top Speed Pro 1 muffler, 9lb Fidanza Flywheel, ACT clutch, Corksport SS clutch line, Corksport SS brake lines, Unorthadox UDP, 255 lph fuel pump, HEI mod, ghetto-charger intake, KL36 ECU, SRD transverse crossmember bushings, SRD shifter extention bushing, SRD crossmember, Corksport bronzoil shifter bushings, Brembo Crossdrilled and Slotted rotors, 15 inch Konig Heliums, ZX-2 S/R struts, Eibach lowering springs, OEM front strut bar, Ebay rear strut bar, BFGoodrich G-Force T/A KDWs

Parts needing installed: turbo kit from BB (if i ever get it), 9.0:1 CR Diamond pistons, 4340 forged H beam rods, C/J-Spec spoiler, Nissan red tops in KL rails
http://www.cardomain.com/id/blazejeremy
Gro Harlem

Post by Gro Harlem »

1 belt for a/c & power steering, the other belt for alternator, water pump.

Removing the a/c ps belt is a PAIN...and it has to be done to replace the alt/waterpump one.
Noble Green Metallic 93' GS Hybrid, 91' 1.8 323
DONATE TO MX-3.COM
Exit 716

Post by Exit 716 »

I had the "serpentine" belt replace Tuesday and Today it snapped leaving my wife stranded for the second time in seven days. Is there an issue with the pulleys or is it a case of a crappy belt?
h8ter

Post by h8ter »

FYI for you all, I need to retract my initial warning on all aftermarket belts. It is OK so long as its a Gates belt. I just picked up the Factory Mazda belts and wouldn't you know it, they are manufactured by Gates. And YES the ribbing is thicker on the OEM as compared to the crappy ones from PepBoys. So you can buy them anywhere at half of what Mazda charges and have the same factory quality parts. Just thought I'd share.

<small>[ September 17, 2004, 08:23 PM: Message edited by: h8ter ]</small>
rayrrod

Post by rayrrod »

h8ter from ur posts u must be a yungen.
in my experience belts are belts but some companies are put out a better product than others. sometimes we are just biased and like one better than the other. to each his own
oh the snapping of the belts might be ..
1 not installing it properly..most likely
2 getting an old belt. but still new.not too likely
3. just bad luck... least likely
i have many years of experience..and find i still mess up many times..thinking i know what i am doing
h8ter

Post by h8ter »

Myardor,

No bias really, I used to be in the same camp as you thinking belts are belts. Until I had them changed on this car. On all my other cars (Hondas/Toyotas/Nissans) I've never had any problem buying whatever Kragen/autozone had on the shelf. These however just wouldn't take, so I figured since the originals weren't making any noise before replacement I might as well try them again. Perfectly quiet now and just happened to notice the manufacturer.

But thank you for the compliment. I am a youngen. Younger then some and older then others. 29 to be exact. I'll admit I'm no pro mechanic but I've wrenched on a few cars/bikes to notice sometimes the materials in a premium brand can make a big difference in how it performs.

<small>[ September 19, 2004, 02:37 AM: Message edited by: h8ter ]</small>

Return to “4-Cyl. Technical/Performance”