performance clutchs?

4-Cyl. Technical/Performance Discussions
Josh
Supporting Member

performance clutchs?

Post by Josh »

i need some help.
i just blew all the clutches in my auto, i got pretty much 2 blocks down the road with the turbo. i can still kinda drive it but only with the hold button in.

my question is what is the best clutch to use with the manual tranny. i heard that the centerforce clutch suck from just about everyone i know thats has one? is there a better one. Thanks for any help
thebonestockkid

Re: performance clutchs?

Post by thebonestockkid »

bro.. why dont you just search? this question has been answered as much as the cutting your springs debate! ugh.. ACT and clutchmasters are you best bet, i have a CM stage 1 and i love it. www.rr-racing.com , http://groupbuycenter.com/
Image'97 Grenada black pearl Acura EL, JDM B18C 98spec ITR Swap. Power in Control full coilovers going in next spring. Not to mention a most unusual whining noise... coming soon.

'92 Intense blue pearl Jeep YJ, OME lift, mudders, fun.

R.I.P.
'93 Clear white GS-DE ~14.648@92.98mph, 2.234 60ft. PARTING OUT PM ME.
torpedan

Post by torpedan »

Heh that is odd i have never had any problems with my centerforce.. just some people dont pick the right clutch for the right aplication.
-torp.
I don't own a Mazda.
chrisboden

Post by chrisboden »

Forgive my ignorance, but I have heard Stage-1, Stage-2, etc in reference to clutches for a while now. What exactly does it mean?
Christopher "Duck" Boden
President/C.E.O.
The Geek Group
www.thegeekgroup.org
Because the Geek shall inherit the Earth!
OsoSlo z28

Post by OsoSlo z28 »

Originally posted by thebonestockkid:
bro.. why dont you just search? this question has been answered as much as the cutting your springs debate! ugh.. ACT and clutchmasters are you best bet, i have a CM stage 1 and i love it.
bro.. no need for the attitude. granted, there are questions that get asked repeatedly, this isn't one of them. he's asking people what they recommend. this is based on personal preference, which is also labled as an "opinion". people's opinion's change over time, so maybe a search would produce outdated replies??? lighten up a bit.

as for "stages" go, it's just a simple way to group certain products. ACT has a heavy duty pressure plate and a street/strip disc. this is sometimes referred to as a stage 1 etc.
Fast imports only come on two wheels.
"MR." Ashley Fowler
'02 Yamaha Warrior (1700cc)
'94 MX-3 RS-t (BPT)~ sold
cardomain pics
killerpickle

Post by killerpickle »

one thing i find, is that you can't compare a stage 2 from one brand to a stage 2 from another brand. There is no standard that Im aware of. My 6 copper puck could be considered a stage 3. Some might consider it a 4 or a 2...
Tom Alexander
93 MX3 GSR - KLZE / stage 3 clutch / PRM Intake / 2.25" exhaust - dual 3" outlet
full custom black and red interior / KLZE ECU / JE50 VAF
http://home.cogeco.ca/~mx3/ - updated dec 1/03
Josh
Supporting Member

Post by Josh »

yah i was just asking what everyone thought was the best. it was based off of total preference. and off of that i was going to make my decision. i had heard that some where better than others and what better to do than to go right to the scource.

Return to “4-Cyl. Technical/Performance”