Found my bearing noise

4-Cyl. Technical/Performance Discussions
maldo

Found my bearing noise

Post by maldo »

Found my rattling problem. When I took it to Mainway they said that the noise was coming from inside the tranny, they didn't want to touch it as I hadn't given them the go ahead. So today I decided to tackle it myself. Transmission is out and on the work bench. Problem appears to be the ring side bearing. The passenger side axle doesn't make a sound when rotated but the driver side does. When I removed the axles, I stuck my finger into the diff and rotated it, sound was there again. I am hoping to have the diff out tomorrow, seem to ran into a problem trying to pull the bell-housing from the transaxle case, damn thing doesn't want to seperate. I think I missed removing a roll pin or something, should be able to find it in the morning. Hoping that the replacement parts for the diff won't be too much.<p>BTW- my new record for pulling the transmission is just under an hour (I really gotta quit breaking stuff).
:D
maldo

Re: Found my bearing noise

Post by maldo »

So the boys at Extreme Transmission called me today, turns out I did more damage than I thought. I somehow managed to bend the gears within the diff with a B6e. So the cost for them to fix it is $750, instead I will be going to Bucks and picking one up for $160. I guess this is a true testiment of Mazda's week transmissions. :shrug:
Krist B.

Post by Krist B. »

i think i'm having that kind of problem too. i'm guessing that it might be my front left bearing, but maybe i should take a look at my transmission too.
mx3TT
Supporting Member

Post by mx3TT »

Thats impressive, taking out a tranny in an hour :) Mine took me longer then that becuase my damn axels wouldnt come out. Since you seem to know what you are doing with trannies, should I get a brand new tranny for my BPT? I have had the worst luck with trannies and I am tired of it. What do you think?
Chris

MY MX-3 PICTURES
MX-3.com's online store - SUPPORT MX-3.COM
maldo

Post by maldo »

You could get at least 5 JY transmissions for the price of a new Mazda unit. If you run into a problem with one, buy a cheap JY unit to throw in so you can drive your car. Take the wrecked one to a tranny shop and have them do an overhaul on it.
dewthis

Post by dewthis »

I would like to know how inthe hell u can pull a trany that fast? I would like to pull mine to check the clutch I think its a little glazed.
65 shot > V8

Return to “4-Cyl. Technical/Performance”