leak

4-Cyl. Technical/Performance Discussions
stupidtickets

leak

Post by stupidtickets »

i have a anti-freeze leak. its on the passenger side on the bottom. its not the lower hose. i need to know if theres a freeze plug or anything else around that area it might be. i leave for work at 5 in the morning. its now 4:30 in the after-noon. so thats to tell you how fast i need it this fixed. asap. so any suggestions are greatly appreciated. thanks in advance.<p> wes
Ryencool

Re: leak

Post by Ryencool »

min e was leaking and it looked like it was leaking right were the belts were. The water pump is attatched under the belts to the block, and thats what it turned out to be. I hammered on my car one night, and im guessing with the snow and stuff up here I just craked the water pump open. Its hard to get a look at but if you cant find a hose leaking and its comming from where im describing it might be the pump..
92 red rs
performance exhaust
zx2 struts and Eibach springs
turboed + stand alone when the cash is there
stupidtickets

Post by stupidtickets »

well thats what im gonna go with. cant get a pump till 9 in the morning. if thats not it i'll post somemore. thanks for your input.<p> wes
stupidtickets

Post by stupidtickets »

can i get this baby out thru the top or do i need to put this girl up on stands and get it from the bottom.<p> wes
stupidtickets

Post by stupidtickets »

do i really need a torque wrench for this or can i just wing it? i know not to tight for reasons like breaking the bolt and it could also cause a leak with the gasket and i could also not make it tight enough somehow. but yeah your replies are appreciated.<p> wes
Ryencool

Post by Ryencool »

im not sure, i couldnt get to it so I paid somone. 300$ for the parts and labor
92 red rs
performance exhaust
zx2 struts and Eibach springs
turboed + stand alone when the cash is there
stupidtickets

Post by stupidtickets »

yeah im four hours into it. im taking my time so i dont forget how i took it apart. it gets frustrating as hell. i've never done it before so... since its getting dark and frustratung i decided to call it quits for the night. im having problems getting the timing belt off. so i decided to skip that part and get other things dismantled. then i'll get back to that. all i need to do is loosen it. i cant seem to get it tho. well i'll give it another shot tomorrow. post some help maybe it will. later<p> wes<p> wes
stupidtickets

Post by stupidtickets »

this is some ****. ok in section n-steering system bolt A is not going in. what the hell is wrong? what am i doing wrong? i've pulled and tries to put it in and i've ppushed. i cant seem to get it in. what the hell? i might give up for the day. being that im pissed and dont want to f*ck somthing up. but i hate quitting. even tho it is just for the night. any help is greatly appreciated. thanks<p> wes :mad:

Return to “4-Cyl. Technical/Performance”