Tranny Drop HELP!!!!

4-Cyl. Technical/Performance Discussions
92RedMX3

Tranny Drop HELP!!!!

Post by 92RedMX3 »

Ok, a while back a guy why does transmissions posted about the 4cyl manual tranny drop, like every socket size and everything. I have tried about everything to find the post. Can someone help me out here. I have tried going back post by post even.
Mx-3 Xplod

Re: Tranny Drop HELP!!!!

Post by Mx-3 Xplod »

I just dropped my transaxle. email me at mx-3mania@aemail4u.com for questions.
i shall drop and rx-7 twin turbo in my 93 4 banger
UnkleDuke

Post by UnkleDuke »

I could also help you out..
cmorrison@gotmail.ca
This is what I love about this board. Everyone helping out with info instead of hindering with the herogance...
Cheers
No Sig
mxtreme38

Post by mxtreme38 »

I've already dropped my tranny. This is actually my second time. I need another tranny though because I totaled this one. I guess I toasted the differential and a couple shafts. Can anybody give me some leads on a place where I can find a better tranny?
Rockstar
OsoSlo z28

Post by OsoSlo z28 »

disconnect the battery and remove it. remove the battery tray. put the car up on jack-stands and remove the wheels. have someone press the brakes while you remove the axle nut. then take off your caliper(hang it on your spring) and rotor. remove the bolts on your ball joint(one) and strut(two). use a pry-bar to pull the hub off the ball joint. then use a hammer and punch to knock the cv axle through the hub. use a pry-bar to get the cv axle out of the tranny(gets messy unless you already drained the tranny..which i recommend). next, unbolt your shift linkage and shifter stabilizer bar. disconnect your slave cylinder(gets messy here too). unbolt the starter. you should be able to rest it on the exhaust pipe..if not, disconnect it. use a floor jack or engine hoist to raise the motor up a bit to take the weight off the front and back mounts. unbolt the the front and back mounts and drop the brace. unbolt the front tranny mount and remove it in order to get to one of the tranny bolts. unbolt the driverside tranny mount and remove it. now start taking the tranny bolts out. leave one or two on the top in. if you don't have a tranny jack then you'll have to either use a hoist or muscle to get the tranny down. before you remove the last bolt(s), lower the motor a little bit to allow the end of the tranny to clear frame rail. once the last bolt is out, pull the tranny back and out....and there ya go.<p>i'm tired, so i might have overlooked something. i just did this today so most of it's still fresh in my head.
Fast imports only come on two wheels.
"MR." Ashley Fowler
'02 Yamaha Warrior (1700cc)
'94 MX-3 RS-t (BPT)~ sold
cardomain pics
UnkleDuke

Post by UnkleDuke »

I didn't have any mess when I pulled the slave cylinder from the fork extension, and I didn't pull the starter when I pulled the tranny for a clutch job.
I hope I didn't do anything wrong. Although I have driven about 1200 Km's since then.
No Sig
UnkleDuke

Post by UnkleDuke »

I didn't have any mess when I pulled the slave cylinder from the fork extension, and I didn't pull the starter when I pulled the tranny for a clutch job.
I hope I didn't do anything wrong. Although I have driven about 1200 Km's since then.
No Sig

Return to “4-Cyl. Technical/Performance”