Still can't figure out how to change tranny oil !

4-Cyl. Technical/Performance Discussions
Rp's_mx-3

Still can't figure out how to change tranny oil !

Post by Rp's_mx-3 »

Ok i have a 92 4-banger 5 speed and i see alot of people talking about takeing off the speedometer cable but i cant find it. I have seen pics and even bought a repair manual but still no luck. thanks for any help u guys can give me.
UnkleDuke

Re: Still can't figure out how to change tranny oil !

Post by UnkleDuke »

The speedo cable is beteen the engine and firewall. Nut it's just as much of a pain in the *** . If you locate the bolt (10 mm I think) on the front of the transaxle, turn that out and get youself a small oil can, preferably with a flexable line to the nozzle. You'll have to refill it a few times, but with patients and a few rags, keep pumping until the trans-oil runs out of the hole as fast as you squeeze it in. Make sure you hold the nozzle squar on the hole or it will just piss out all over the ground and get none in the transaxle.
No Sig
92RedMX3

Re: Still can't figure out how to change tranny oil !

Post by 92RedMX3 »

Do this. Follow the hard cables from the drivers side firewall. You will follow one that goes to the back of the engine. it has a round unscrew part there. You can see it but its not easy. Also if you have a digital camera and can take a picture of the back of your engine bay we can point it out.

Return to “4-Cyl. Technical/Performance”